Kessil

BAR members' FTS tank shots

Well since I donated a huge hunk o' colt to Phong, and cleaned the glass being amazed with how good it looks when there's not a brown haze on it... I decided to take a couple pictures.

This is my 60"L x 18"W x 24"H Uncontrolled softie experiment tank. Light consists of 2-54w Giessmann "Blue" bulbs, and 2-175W 12,000K Reeflux (although I'm probably going to go with Jeremy's $25 "ghetto" bulbs when these get swapped out)

First: T5s only
Second: Both T5s and MH on... although I do have a delay between the MH firing, so one half is lit, then both, then the other only.

Mine is ugly and tiny compare to you guys's but wth ;D .. I will remove the Tunze and install another K1 (Thanks Dudley!) next time I do WC.
Sept082008.jpg

not really.. I like flow going both directions instead of one way all the time. I will have the K1s on the timer. Each will run about 18 hours a day.. In that pic the Tunze is not running.. I can't have both of those running at the sametime. I won't have any water in the tank ;D ..

Hey Dudley what are those black things hanging in the middle of your light hangers? Those seem like the perfect thing to do all those minor adjustments to make them level.

Phong, looking good. I think I need some of the red macro from you jk. Dudley, nice tank. Love the dimensions.

Yeah I recall hearing about the tank Dudley was going to get and was ready to swoop in like a vulture if he didn't want it :D

Even though it is acrylic... *sigh*

Jay, I really like your ledge work; how it creates depth.

I am getting such great ideas for my new tank from everyone. Thanks!

Back