Kessil

BAR members only frag swap September 8, 2012

rygh said:
This being the digital age and all, how about a small picture of mother colony on the container?
Not required of course, but helpful.

With so many people having smartphones, you could generate a QR code that when scanned, links to a photo of the mother colony. Just trying to imagine a way to implement your idea. :)

lattehiatus said:
rygh said:
This being the digital age and all, how about a small picture of mother colony on the container?

With so many people having smartphones, you could generate a QR code that when scanned, links to a photo of the mother colony. Just trying to imagine a way to implement your idea. :)

Just imagine during the 60 s available for picking a coral if you are waiting for the image to download...

Could scan all corals going into the swap, then have that information on a database that updates as people leave with corals they get scanned so there's a proper inventory of what's available to which you can check during your break between picks... all reasonable... now who has the technological know how to make that work! :D

Crabby said:
lattehiatus said:
rygh said:

Just imagine during the 60 s available for picking a coral if you are waiting for the image to download...

LOL! And the advantage goes to those who have LTE phones, while others curse their slow carriers! :D

Seriously, though, I had envisioned this being done during the "preview" period before the swap starts - it didn't occur to me that anyone would be doing this during the picking rounds. Photos don't need to be larger than 150kb to be viewable a typical mobile device with a 4" display.

QR Code Readers:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=la.droid.qr&hl=en
iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qr-reader-for-iphone/id368494609?mt=8

Generate & print your QR code: http://createqrcode.appspot.com/

bondolo said:
Argggh! I will be missing this for my wife's birthday weekend. We will be seeing Styx so that's some consolation.

Awesome! Is Larry Gowan still the (replacement) lead singer? I saw in in concert when he was billed as "Gowan" in the 80's!

I hope you guys are ready for some of "Vinceramas stupid stupid green and purple ricordias that he hates and brings to every swap meeting"!

Also every mushroom in my tank will be shovelled into a "free for all" bucket.

V

It will be tough on our volunteers running the registration table if everyone arrives at 12:50pm, so to encourage y'all to come out early, a sandwich lunch will be served. The selection of sandwiches you can look forward to are:

B.L.T.
Tuna
Turkey Breast
Subway Club
Italian B.M.T.
Veggie Delight

Assorted chips
Assorted beverages (water, soda, etc.)
Dessert (baked goods)

Hi guys! This will be my first frag swap, and I was wondering how you all keep your frags warm for the several hours they have to be in containers traveling to/from and then at the swap. I will be packing my frags in plastic deli containers with tank water right before I leave for the swap, and I will put them in a cooler to try to keep the water from cooling off too quickly. Will that be enough? Or do I need to find some sort of heat packs to put in the cooler with them? What do you experienced frag swappers normally do? :)

Thanks!

That's what I was wondering. I'm bringing a softie and some zoas that I figure will be fine with no heat packs, but I'm also bringing a frag of Bali Green Slimer (an SPS). Will the SPS be ok for several hours with no heat packs?

Good idea Norm.

I got home from NY late last night for the swap! Pressure to stay in NY through the weekend was high, but swap higher priority!
I have to look in my tank, I hope they're all alive in there.

Mr. Ugly said:
lattehiatus said:
sfsuphysics said:
Sammiches? Oh hell yeah I'll show up early then!
It won't be a gourmet lunch, but it will be food. As usual our fish eat better than we do!
You could just eat your fish :D

Now THAT would be interesting! Potluck, anyone? ;)

houser said:
I got home from NY late last night for the swap! Pressure to stay in NY through the weekend was high, but swap higher priority!
I have to look in my tank, I hope they're all alive in there.

Glad you are able to make it back in time, Dave!

Back