Jestersix

BAR Members only swap August 14th @ Chabot College

It was fun - Good number of people - not too few/many and good variety of corals

Who snagged the purple haze monti? Care to cut me a smidgen? Yes, smidgen :D

Yeah, there were a good amount of people, the groups were not that large (which is what caused a few of problems in the regional swap). Hell I was quite useless as a swap helper, other than reminding people how much time left and the number of frags they got I didn't need to get people out of the picking area (except for that Rich guy who was taking all the corals he could find!!!) but that was fine as it gave me a chance to chat with quite a few people.

I even grabbed corals too, ones no one wanted I'm guessing from how long they were there :D

Yeah, great swap. Or as I like to call it "Getting rid of green ricordia time". Shoot one container of the them was still sitting there as the free-for-all was winding down!

I got some really great pieces, thanks guys! The sheer volume of corals to swappers was amazing!

Remember this tried and true swap technique ... the more/better frags you bring, the more things to distract other swappers from your target pieces! :p

I think next swap I'm going to bring a bucket filled with mushrooms and green ricordias like a punch bowl and get have people pick the plague of their choice!

V

wow I feel special though that I picked that green ricordia first! Wooo! Unfortunately no amount of gluing helped, and the rock it was on for a couple hours is ummm I dunno where they are :D

Wow...look like it was a great event again, huh? Too bad the timing was all off for us but we're glad everyone had a good time. Hopefully, we can attend the next regional swap and meet everyone again.

Vincerama2 said:
Remember this tried and true swap technique ... the more/better frags you bring, the more things to distract other swappers from your target pieces! :p
Or you can bring a magnet and "accidentally" drop sticky pieces of metal on the your target pieces.
Also, thank you Jess for giving me some foam coolers.

Reef Keeper said:
patchin said:
How do you get them to grow so fast? My orange rics just sit there.

+1

Same here. Inquiring minds would like to know. :0)

Mine has split 3-4 times in the last 2 months..Taking over a rock quite nicely! :D They get lots of light...Not sure if that's why they're splitting though

Back