BAR Members Roster

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by mark_s, Oct 14, 2008.

1. mark_s

mark_s Guest

The next MARS Frag Swap will be open to members of any regional club. We'd like to limit this participation to those that are indeed club members, though. Would BAR be willing to provide a roster of all current members of BAR? Much Thanks!

2. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Did you guys set a date for Dec or Jan or is the March 1st 2009 your next swap?

I just noticed this says March 09 but then says 2007 :)
    http://www.marineaquarist.org/Events/tabid/92/ctl/Details/Mid/431/ItemID/29/Default.aspx?selecteddate=3/1/2009

3. mark_s

mark_s Guest

Date is going to be November 15th or December 6th. I was told neither of these dates will conflict with a BAR event.

I guess this thread is a good place to also request permission to promote the frag swap on the BAR forum. I don't want to step on any toes at all. The frag swap is being designed to just be a friendly regional swap. This swap is not designed to generate any revenues for the club at all. I'm not even sure we will break even on it...

Also, I posted this request on the main forum, but didn't get a response. I wanted to know if it would be ok to copy BAR's goody bags that they provided at their swap. I love the idea of providing helpful solutions and information to participants. I'm currently looking for a recipe or source for the calibration solutions. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

4. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'm sure Norman would pass on the recipes to you for a small fee :D jk Are you guys having a March swap to or is that a mistake?

5. mark_s

mark_s Guest

That must be a mistake. I'm looking into it. My hope is we maintain a Q2/Q4 swap schedule since that would be opposite of the BAR swaps.

6. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Mark,

I will send you a roster of members by their BAR forum screen name in a couple of days.

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=4842.msg58914#msg58914 date=1224020304]
    That must be a mistake. I'm looking into it. My hope is we maintain a Q2/Q4 swap schedule since that would be opposite of the BAR swaps.
    [/quote]

Thanks for thinking of us Mark, I'm glad we can work out alternate schedules so everyone can have free coral ;D

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=4842.msg58911#msg58911 date=1224018757]
    Date is going to be November 15th or December 6th. I was told neither of these dates will conflict with a BAR event.

I guess this thread is a good place to also request permission to promote the frag swap on the BAR forum. I don't want to step on any toes at all. The frag swap is being designed to just be a friendly regional swap. This swap is not designed to generate any revenues for the club at all. I'm not even sure we will break even on it...

Also, I posted this request on the main forum, but didn't get a response. I wanted to know if it would be ok to copy BAR's goody bags that they provided at their swap. I love the idea of providing helpful solutions and information to participants. I'm currently looking for a recipe or source for the calibration solutions. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    [/quote]

Max (The Aquarium Showroom) and I plan on hosting a small tradeshow/fragswap/gear swap Sun Nov 23rd. We'll have some manufacturers on hand to present their wares as well as a few speakers :) All clubs are invited and highly encouraged to have a free booth and to bring any used gear they want to sell in the gear swap meet.

This one (BAYMAC) will be a smaller event leading to a larger one planned for January.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

BAYMAC? Oh boy... does that mean a bunch of Apple Zealots will be showing up?? :D

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Bay Area Marine Aquarium Conference. The only MAC guy showing up is Rich, and he's a guest speaker :)

11. Elite

Elite Guest

Is that still in the planning proccess or it will happen for sure Gresham??

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4842.msg59204#msg59204 date=1224175989]
    [quote author=mark_s link=topic=4842.msg58911#msg58911 date=1224018757]

[/quote]

Max (The Aquarium Showroom) and I plan on hosting a small tradeshow/fragswap/gear swap Sun Nov 23rd. We'll have some manufacturers on hand to present their wares as well as a few speakers :) All clubs are invited and highly encouraged to have a free booth and to bring any used gear they want to sell in the gear swap meet.

This one (BAYMAC) will be a smaller event leading to a larger one planned for January.
    [/quote]

Phong, nothing has changed since I posted the above ;)

planning process does not equate to not happening, you usually plan for something to happen :) YEs, it's going to happen :lol:

13. Elite

Elite Guest

Cool... Planning to be there ;D

14. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

Very cool.

15. mark_s

mark_s Guest

MARS is ready to make an announcement on the Frag Swap. Is it ok to post this announcement on the BAR forum?

I'd like to post the announcement in the Events area. I'll wait for authorization before doing this, though.

Thanks.

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I highly doubt any one would say no Mark :)

17. mark_s

mark_s Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4842.msg62853#msg62853 date=1226080831]
    I highly doubt any one would say no Mark :)
    [/quote]I'm sure you are right. But I don't want to risk stepping on any toes.

BTW, thanks for kicking down for the swap, Gresh!

18. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I would say go for it. We already had a discussion about providing the roster so I see no problems with posting the announcement in the events section.

19. mark_s

mark_s Guest

great, thanks.