High Tide Aquatics

BAR Members Take On One @$%#* 250 Gal Tank !

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-VtK8kb7-M.jpg

So long story short a buddy asked me to help him with his dad's 250 gal tank. After taking a look at it we could have A. Put a band aid on it or B. Do it right and tear the tank down. We decided to go with B. This was a job way bigger than one person....so I had to recruit the assistance of some BAR members (Denzil, Tankguy, Jestersix & myself).

i-VM3RmBn-M.jpg
i-8V35F22-M.jpg

It took the majority of the afternoon to drain the tank, remove the rock, sand, & relocate the animals. Big thanks to Bob aka Tankguy for swinging by after a long day at work to help remove the sand bed.

i-JZH9Cf6-M.jpg

The animals were temporarily relocated to a 40 gal breeder. The animals include a pair of clarkiis, a tomato clown, a pair of yellow damsels, sailfin tang, bird wrasse, and a panther grouper (which will reach 20+") !

Will this be set up as a floor tank?

Awesome idea and I will want to look into this setup when I try to figure out how to do a coffee table tank for top down viewing SPS tank.

Scheduled for 1-2 years from now. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this be set up as a floor tank?

Awesome idea and I will want to look into this setup when I try to figure out how to do a coffee table tank for top down viewing SPS tank.

Scheduled for 1-2 years from now. ;)

It's on the floor in the kitchen and elevated in the family room. A similiar laid out SPS tank (without a hood) that could be looked down would be pretty cool.

Where is the plumbing and sump? Is it basically a peninsula style tank? Or more an inwall. Trying to figure out where all the equipment hides.

Pic if you have time.

wow that must have been one crazy pain in the ass to take down! glad you guys are doing it right! what are you guys doing about the scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back