Kessil

BAR Members Take On One @$%#* 250 Gal Tank !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course the majority of the heavy scratches are in the inside of the tank. Now getting into a euro braced tank is a different story. We all took bets if Denzil could fit in there...guess who cleaned up ?

i-MvLJnZC-M.jpg
i-CLsT9g8-M.jpg

Denzil worked over a couple of days to get this looking good again. He went through various grits of sandpaper with a orbital sander to achieve it.

While Denzil was polishing the tank, I was trying to remove a 29 gal sump that was plumbed directly to the overflow of the tank via bulkheads.

I found a 125 gal Truvu tank that Gen of Kritter Tanks converted to a sump (opened up the euro brace and reinforced the top, & added baffles). From right to left is a freshwater reservoir (that will be topped off via a Tunze ATO), fuge, skimmer section (H&S A200), and return section (via a pan World PS-200).

HUGE transformation !!! Nice collective effort. I really like the way the tank divides the room Very clever. I am sure you are aware that heating the tank in the winter is going to be expensive unless you guys insulate the stuff in the crawl space and the garage.

="sfsuphysics, post: 105"/quote]looks like there was some water under the tank before you filled it. Hopefully that was just incidental spillage.
After seeing how this tank was put together I had some serious concerns with water damage. Thankfully, that little water stains were the extent of it. :)

JAR said:
HUGE transformation !!! Nice collective effort. I really like the way the tank divides the room Very clever. I am sure you are aware that heating the tank in the winter is going to be expensive unless you guys insulate the stuff in the crawl space and the garage.
Great point Jon. We'll have to monitor the heating bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back