Reef nutrition

BAR needs YOU!! (we need a new banner design)

As BAR gets more active with representation at external events like BAYMAC, BACFM, MACNA etc it becomes increasingly obvious that we need good signage to say "We are BAR The greatest club in the world. We give away more propagated corals then there are species in the wild" Ok, maybe not that extreme, and maybe not even that entire message. But we are lacking a banner. We need something we can be proud to hang on the front of a table.

This is where BAR needs you!!!

First and foremost, we need a design. If you are a graphic artists, have some skills, or even some ideas, then I am talking to you. Please post your ideas, concept work, or even a complete work for BAR to use for a table banner. In some thread (I can't find it), there are some upscale/recreations of the traditional BAR logo. This can be a starting ground for some. For others with more creativity, please feel free to get...creative!
Limits.
There MAY be color limits depending on what we get made so keep that in mind.
There is a size limit. This will be hung in front of a table so lets try and keep the image ratio at around 3:1

Secondly, we need a banner made. We have obvious sources like Kinkos, however we may have other resources within the club. Does anyone work in or have connections in the banner making world? Obviously the vendor would need to be able to produce a banner before the BAYMAC Deadline and being a waterproof product.

Have at it! Let the ideas and postings flow!!!

Friend said he can get waterproof banner (full color) for about 7 a square foot. A U/V coat may or may not be included. I will get an exact price when my friend can check his price list at work. He did say that its a lot cheaper than kinkos.

I can get them printed rather cheaply (I'll get a quote).

The design would be best done in a vector based program.

It should also be done at full resolution at full size. , I.E. 6'x2' @ 300 DPI. Tables are usually 6' so plan on a 6x2 or so. A 2:1 for a table doesn't work right IMO, 3:1 is best.

If you do it in a single color and not super complex we can then use the logo to make cut out vinyl stickers and the likes. Use the BAYMAC logo for reference. I can use that logo to go to any size and since it's simply and black/white (no gradients) I can use it anyplace :)

My printer can turn it around in 2 days. Less then a day and the ink won't have time to cure. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

If doing a digital print, a clear coat is a MUST!!!

Just wondering how this is coming along..

I have a girlfriend that owns a t-shirt printing shop and I know plenty graphic designers...Let me know if this can be of any help..

-Matt

Get one of your designer friends to whip up a new logo/icon/graphic for us to use :) Or have them design a bitchen banner for us :)

LOL...so BAR is in need of a new logo AND a banner??? I can have people start working on it tonight...Gresham, maybe you should email me to talk particulars...

policetickets95624@yahoo.com

I don't have particulars, sorry. I'm just speaking up as I tried getting this together in the past and know a few things about it :) The logo we have now is only business card size and doesn't lend itself to making it larger. I made a vector version of it but I dropped a lot of the details (bubbles, etc).

The pressing part is designing the banner and having it printed.

Here's my submission

104_10_11_08_3_10_16.bmp

V

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5126.msg63347#msg63347 date=1226355149]
Here's my submission

104_10_11_08_3_10_16.bmp

V

[/quote]This has my Vote! But I think "reefers" should have a capital "R". Other than that, it is perfect! :D

I love a good laugh before bed-Thank's!

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=5126.msg63350#msg63350 date=1226355766]
[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=5126.msg63347#msg63347 date=1226355149]
Here's my submission

104_10_11_08_3_10_16.bmp

V

[/quote]This has my Vote! But I think "reefers" should have a capital "R". Other than that, it is perfect! :D
[/quote]

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=5126.msg65459#msg65459 date=1227240720]
As simple as they come...

Small size image for viewing. The full blown one is something along the lines of 115MB.
banner_small.jpg

[/quote]

Nice work Eric. What is the sillohette under the name?

So I don't get it, why SI? We barely can get anything out of there now???? Not to mention we never really got much out of there in the first place:)

Back