Kessil

BAR radion users

I've been trying to dial these LEDs in. Anybody care to share what schedule they're using? Ecotech preset program or a custom blend. Attached etg. file would be great! & a brief description of what's mostly in your tank. (I'm LPS dominant with little sps up top). RC has a huge tread on it, but not too much help.

Tank dimensions, how many lights n height awl n coral @ depth can also help someone give you a better idea of what might work

I found some LEDs have too many options and can overwhelm a user. But I'm love gadgets and I love to tinker so LEDs are perfect for me! :)

Tank is an older Oceanic 75. Standard size 4 foot long , 20" high. The radions are g2 XR30 reg. output ( not the pro). I'm an old school reef guy that has been reefing almost 20yrs. I have never ran LED's. ( if it's not broke don't fix it). have MH / VHO over the tank now. I have never had any problems growing anything. The radions kinda fell in my lap, through a trade. So now I'm thinking I'll step up to the 21st century and give them a try. I've been reading day and night about the endless set points these lights have, and was just looking for some input from fellow users.

This is a totally different beast.

Transitioning from MH/VHO to LEDs is not as simple as swapping the lights out n matching spectrum it seems. I've read of a few successful swaps but most people who try go back.

It's not that LEDs are no good, it's different and while you or me may not see the difference, coral definitely can.

I think most who try see a stagnation or even some regression depending on how sensitive the coral is. At that stage most switch back (usually this is when they post how bad LEDs are n MH/T5 ftw). But I think if they tough it out, the coral will eventually adapt n be back to where they were before.

But I'll let someone who has personal experience give you their take.

If this was a new setup, that's different.

Try the 18K spectrum and adjust intensity to ram up or down during the time light on. Set up an account on Ecotech website, Ecotech support is top notch if you desire to give them a call.

thanks everyone! I've already been in Ecotech live. I've been experimenting with different settings and graphs from other reefers. I got the lights laying in the garage running a program now ( which I think I was told is a 18k-20k) 12 hour slow ramp up, & back down. I am still a "set it & forget it" type guy. My master plan is to set these LED's with a proven schdule. Let it run a day or two ( just to make sure it looks right). Then do the swap. Fingers crossed... no livestock losses or bleached out sps.

Back