Kessil

BAR Regional Frag Swap - February 10, 2007

And speaking of raffles.... :D :D :D

Raffle prizes for the swap this year include corals, dry goods, reef products, and gift certificates from:

Aquarium Concepts
Dolphin Pet Village
Ocean Treasures
Natural Life Aquarium
Atlantis Aquarium
New Alameda Aquatics
Amazon Aquarium
Aquatic Collection
Aquatic Gallery
Reef Nutrition
ReefReady
SpectraPure
Bay Area Reefers
....and still others!

And an AWESOME Grand Prize from TRUVU Aquariums' new product line:

*** A 48x24x12 Acrylic Propagation Tank ***

Yes, we all want that one!!! :D

A BIG BIG THANKS to all the sponsors of this event!

Different how so?

Last I heard, you buy general raffle tickets, and get to win whatever number is being called. Raffle prizes will be picked during the picking rounds, and those numbers will be shown on various places (whiteboards, maybe even on a projector) and at the end of the swap unclaimed prizes will.... BE GIVEN TO ME!

Atleast that's what I understood :)

At MARS swap, the raffle is a little different. They have bag/box for each item. You buy raffle tickets and put tickets in the bag of the item you want. If you want the item really bad then you put a lot in there :D ..

Gotcha, yeah, I believe the swap is going to go as before. Some talk was done about having a separate raffle ticket scheme, however no definite concensus was reached as a result it's not changed.

The problem I see with that format however is that what do you do for the stuff no one wants? :)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=1555.msg15585#msg15585 date=1170805753]
The problem I see with that format however is that what do you do for the stuff no one wants? :)
[/quote]

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=1555.msg15577#msg15577 date=1170798200]

and at the end of the swap unclaimed prizes will.... BE GIVEN TO ME!

[/quote]

Didn't you answer that question already ;D :D

Grand Prize will have a separate drawing.

As for the rest... I think Mike means to say, "ALL YOUR FRAG ARE BELONG TO MEEEEE!!!"

:D

AB may also sell on Ebay, but they're a internet store.

Apperantly so is AC:

http://aquaticcollection.com/

Looks like they are in Alameda.

Huh, I though Steve's NAA is the only LFS in Alamenda. I guess I was wrong. How far is this place from NAA and are they a good LFS to visit?

I am still hoping to make it although I am helping Dolphin move this weekend to their new location and not sure I can get away although I am realy going to try the other problem is that I missed the deadline for the buy in I have some stiff that could be fraged but no time to do it I hate working endlessly!

[quote author=To-Arbitrate link=topic=1555.msg15671#msg15671 date=1170958612]
Huh, I though Steve's NAA is the only LFS in Alamenda. I guess I was wrong. How far is this place from NAA and are they a good LFS to visit?
[/quote]

Isn't Vince's Amazon Aquarium in Alameda?

[quote author=MC-Lighting-Concepts link=topic=1555.msg15688#msg15688 date=1170996821]
I am still hoping to make it although I am helping Dolphin move this weekend to their new location and not sure I can get away although I am realy going to try the other problem is that I missed the deadline for the buy in I have some stiff that could be fraged but no time to do it I hate working endlessly!
[/quote]
Say Hi to Tyler from all his friends in BAR.

Well after working another long day it looks like we will be hard at it all weekend long I know Tyler is disapointed about not being able to go and said since he can't go nor can I (JK) but honestly I cannot see leaving him on the worst weekend of all as moving will be a PITA in the rain. I hope by chance to come anyways but doubt it. I look forward to meeting all of you sometime soon I am bummed about it not being tomorow.

What I'm bringing tomorrow:

2x Seio 820s for Norman
2x 14K 70watt HQI lamps
1x 20K 70watt HQI Lamp (all new)

20 frags ;)

Pictures of a few of them:

Yellow Polyps (this is the actual frag I'm bringing for Fingerwrinkles):
385313875_cffcaadec2.jpg

Purple Mouth, Green Center, Maroonish Skirts (about 7 frags of this):
385305374_27276b9774.jpg

Warm Fire and Electric Ice:
385308583_3160779c0c.jpg

A few cuts of a Metallic Green Chalice:
385311295_b06bca7379.jpg

And here are some of the other frags, just cut today, but doing well. I've put them on brand new frag plugs! I expect to one day get a frag plug back that I've given out ;) hehe. A few frag plugs have corraline on them already. (too much calcium i think in my water at the moment).

385316648_ee226d9866.jpg

Back