Neptune Aquatics

BAR Regional Frag Swap - March 9th @ Chabot College

Alkalinity standards, salinity standards, and ReVive dip for every attendee:
standards1_zps00ae4dba.jpg

standards2_zps9f5c06dc.jpg

ReVive Coral Cleaner was donated by Julian Sprung of Two Little Fishies, in support of safe swapping.
Alkalinity standard was verified by the Romberg Tiburon Center, special thanks to Tessa Page and Dr. Jonathon Stillman.

Bluprntguy said:
Anyone heading there from SF and willing to give me a lift? Now that the date is upon us, I'm realizing I should have reserved my zipcar sooner

In case you aren't able to get a ZipCar or a lift on short notice, I can pick you up from Hayward BART. PMing you my phone number.

Thanks everyone for making my first swap so enjoyable. It was also nice to put a face to some of the handles. It was a pleasure to meet the few people i was able to talk to and i look forward to meeting more of you at the next meet. Man 2 mins never seem to pass by so fast.

aqua-escaping said:
Thanks everyone for making my first swap so enjoyable. It was also nice to put a face to some of the handles. It was a pleasure to meet the few people i was able to talk to and i look forward to meeting more of you at the next meet. Man 2 mins never seem to pass by so fast.

Glad you had a good time :) and two minutes seemed like an eternity when people just stare at you as you mumble into the microphone :p

aqua-escaping said:
It was nice to meet you too! I hope the ochtodes do great in your tank!

aqua-escaping said:
aqua-escaping said:
Nice meeting you as well! :)
I enjoyed meeting the new people and revisiting those I've already met. If I learned one thing today, it is that I need more space for corals.
I hope you all had as much fun as I did! Looking forward to the next meeting :exmark:
John

Just wanted to say that I had a great time today. It was nice to chat with old friends, make some new friends, and put faces to screen names. I especially wanted to thank the BAR bod and everyone who volunteered to help out with this event. Hope to see you all at the end of next month.

tankguy said:
Id say we had a great turnout. Thanks to all and its always good to meet more and more of the club

I gotta say, I thought there would be more people. I think last year's regional swap was CRAMMED with people.

The volume of people seemed similar to a BAR member swap. Did we have many members of other clubs there?

But fun as usual! The excitement of seeing that thing that would be just perfect! All the way to the point where you realize ... dammit, Vince brought those green rics again!

I advise everyone to use the refractometer standards. I tested mine and it was high by .03. So I've started to add some RODI to lower it.

I had a blast, had some good conversation and met some great people. Thanks BAR for putting this on.
There was a perfect amount of swappers for the room. 2 minutes went by way to fast to really think about what's in front of you.

Agreed with all. Great to put so many faces to names & handles.
Great swap and thanks definitely go out to Piper, Lattehiatus, Pinner, Saltwatersig, Evillyn, Bondolo, and so many others I'm sure I'm missing.
Great job!

On a related note, anyone know who put this in?
DSC_0279.JPG

All the container said was Montipora Sp., LED Vega Color, 7" HAW High/Mid
It looks neat and has green polyps with a brownish-blue(?) base.

patchin said:
I advise everyone to use the refractometer standards. I tested mine and it was high by .03. So I've started to add some RODI to lower it.
Make sure your refractometer and standard are both at correct Temp when calibrating. I leave mine up against my sump inside my stand over night when I'm gonna calibrate it.

Back