Our mission

BAR Regional Frag Swap - March 9th @ Chabot College

Thanks for the fun times all. Here is a link to the pics I took, no rights reserved, free to use as you wish:

http://uninked.com/FragTrade3_2013/

Enjoy, I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to the next meeting for photography tips.

anathema said:
Thanks for the fun times all. Here is a link to the pics I took, no rights reserved, free to use as you wish:

Enjoy, I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to the next meeting for photography tips.

Very nice ....thanks for taking photos :bigsmile:

zeroinverse said:
Agreed with all. Great to put so many faces to names & handles.
Great swap and thanks definitely go out to Piper, Lattehiatus, Pinner, Saltwatersig, Evillyn, Bondolo, and so many others I'm sure I'm missing.
Great job!

On a related note, anyone know who put this in?
DSC_0279.JPG

All the container said was Montipora Sp., LED Vega Color, 7" HAW High/Mid
It looks neat and has green polyps with a brownish-blue(?) base.

oops ment to hit quote not just reply... That one is mine.

mediumrare said:
zeroinverse said:

Just wanted to get more details on what it is. And maybe see a main colony picture to see how it'll grow out. The piece I have is three separate branches glued down. They're all alive and I am curious on growth pattern.

anathema said:

Holy crap, did Arnold win the tank?

Either way, its the little things that I thought were neat, like the bucket with the letters, having the rubber flappers so there's no temptation to peek in :D

zeroinverse said:
mediumrare said:
zeroinverse said:

Just wanted to get more details on what it is. And maybe see a main colony picture to see how it'll grow out. The piece I have is three separate branches glued down. They're all alive and I am curious on growth pattern.

Here's a pic of the mother colony (taken 1st week of January) Ive taken frags of about 1cm off of this thing in my tank that are thriving. (let me know if the image link below does not work. PM me your email and i can send it that way)

Coral%2001.jpg

By the way, that is an AWESOME macro shot!
I will be happy when it grows out to a nice colony. Then it'll be DBTC time (or at least frag fodder). ^_^
Thanks for putting that into the swap. I'm very happy!

Coral reefer said:
That's purdy! I'd be interested in trading for a frag or if you wanna do a dbtc...
Its going to be some time before my mother colony is large enough to frag. Maybe in a month or two or if i accidentally break it. What size frag would be good for DBTC?

Whatever size you make is fine. Generally it's best to give out the same size or better that you got when a chain is going, but since you'd be starting the chain, whatever size you frag is all good! If you wanna trade I'm good w a very small piece

Coral reefer said:
Whatever size you make is fine. Generally it's best to give out the same size or better that you got when a chain is going, but since you'd be starting the chain, whatever size you frag is all good! If you wanna trade I'm good w a very small piece

So I spoke with who I got the frag from (Matt F. from aquaexotic) and there is no need for a DBTC. Both Rich Ross and Matt F. have huge mother collonies of this, and get this, the colony I have comes from mother colonies that pre-date the one that ORA use.

mediumrare said:
Coral reefer said:

So I spoke with who I got the frag from (Matt F. from aquaexotic) and there is no need for a DBTC. Both Rich Ross and Matt F. have huge mother collonies of this, and get this, the colony I have comes from mother colonies that pre-date the one that ORA use.

Hah, purpose of DBTC is to share and back up within the club but really just to share.. Otherwise, there'd be 'no need for DBTC' with any coral =P

Very nice coral and one that I acquired a while back - Same colony as yours came from and have pictures of the mother colony on my phone ;) Remind me of what it's called...I've actually been wondering for a few weeks now.

iCon said:
mediumrare said:
Coral reefer said:

Hah, purpose of DBTC is to share and back up within the club but really just to share.. Otherwise, there'd be 'no need for DBTC' with any coral =P

Very nice coral and one that I acquired a while back - Same colony as yours came from and have pictures of the mother colony on my phone ;) Remind me of what it's called...I've actually been wondering for a few weeks now.

ORA calls it Jeffrey's monti. Matt F told me the real name but i dont remember.

Back