Neptune Aquatics

BAR Regional Swap February 12th @ Chabot College- Please note location change

GreshamH said:
screebo said:
GreshamH said:
Trick question? frogs dont have butts :lol:
Is this like the proposition that if you pick up a guinea pig by it's tail, it's eyes will fall out? :O
Did you read Tony's post? Frogs butts are not called butts.
Do you think I read Tony's post?????? GEEZE!
BTW, guinea pigs don't have tails. Just trying to inject a little humor, buddy! lol

Well they have a hair tail... it kinda cowlicks into a tail :p

xcaret said:
So do you think I might get slapped on the face for posting about the frag swap?

From BAR you sure would :lol: Official posts are done by the BOD only unless you are asked to do it. Furthermore, why violate RC's rules and make the club look bad? It's not hard at all to ask other clubs if they will post about it. That way you aren't a tool and BAR doesn't look bad.

Not intended an "official (unofficial) announcement" post like inviting; I happened to ask one/some (on an open post) of the reefers on MARS if they knew the BAR regional swap was coming soon, they seem not to know is coming; I noticed the sticky was not on top and just started wondering.
As Jeremy said "hand slapped" I might get face slapped !!! Don't want that to happen, much less make BAR look bad.
I'll leave it to the proper people.

Thanks !

Gomer said:
cwolfus said:
Tumbleweed said:
Euphyllia said:
If we don't know the exact name of the coral that we are bringing can we label it, for example "bright red zoa"?
There will be people the checkbom table to help people identify corals if needed.

But "bright red zoa" will do just fine. Its probably a better description than one of the fancy/cool/brands used to describe zoas anyways.
+1

Descriptions are better than names unless it is a very well known named piece and the ID is 100% certain.
I am absolutely positive that those bright red zoas are Reverse Gorilla Nipple zoas.

Questions:
Does the entry fee apply to non-participants.
And for that matter, would it be interesting for non-participants to show up?

With the new tank just getting water now, I cannot really participate in swapping.
But I am curious as to what these shows are like, and maybe buy in on the raffle.

xcaret said:
Not intended an "official (unofficial) announcement" post like inviting; I happened to ask one/some (on an open post) of the reefers on MARS if they knew the BAR regional swap was coming soon, they seem not to know is coming; I noticed the sticky was not on top and just started wondering.
As Jeremy said "hand slapped" I might get face slapped !!! Don't want that to happen, much less make BAR look bad.
I'll leave it to the proper people.

Thanks !

Mario, I appreciate your wanting to help, but for redundancies sake, allow me to post up. If you want to hype/respond to the posts, by all means please do, but there's a thin line when it comes to RC and I'm not about to create more of a divide by hyping a frag swap. Our swaps fall on the same weekends they have in the past and to assure that the info will get out there, I have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

rygh said:
Questions:
Does the entry fee apply to non-participants.
And for that matter, would it be interesting for non-participants to show up?

With the new tank just getting water now, I cannot really participate in swapping.
But I am curious as to what these shows are like, and maybe buy in on the raffle.

No, only the person planing on swapping pays. The rest can come, but they can not swap if they don't pay. I've brought guests in the past and they were interested to a degree but if your not into corals it won't be any fun at all.

Come on by and check it out :) I haven't swapped in a few years but I still attend.

Hi everyone, first time posting here. Looks like this will be an interesting and fun event and my girlfriend and I are looking forward to attending. :)

Back