High Tide Aquatics

BAR Regional Swap February 12th @ Chabot College- Please note location change

patchin said:
Yes, when you check in, you draw a piece of paper with a group letter on it. It's totally random.
if like in the past, the piece of paper also happens to be a blank name tag sticker :-D

Mr.Exotic said:
So i wanted to go but i was late for payment, Can i pay today or agian. Please

At this point payments will only be accepted at the door. In order for us to compile the prepaid list as well as plan the evenet we needed to set a cut-off date for prepayments. This date was yesterday at 5pm.

Vincerama2 said:
What? There was a pre-pay period? Hmmm, I might just show up and dump some mushrooms, then leave, I'm too cheap for that door price.

V

You mean the oen that was posted since the end of December?

Meh, I have two 3 year olds, I barely have time to clean my tank (or take a crap), let alone check the BAR forums anymore, I just heard from Vlad that there was a frag trade and was excited to just get the go-ahead from my wife (who must then entertain the 3 year olds herself). The "qualifications" and fee seem to change at every swap, I just thought it would be like the last one. It's my own fault for not checking, I'm just saying I'm not willing to pay 4x the pre-paid fee, it it was 2x well OK, but not 4x, I'd just feel like too much of a loser.

I guess I'll just come to offload my mushrooms/ricordias as free-for-alls (They are too prolific and I don't want to just kill them) and hang out.

Crap I forgot to prepay for me and another person :( Guess I will pay for him and sit it out. Kinda stoked now, no acclimation or dipping :lol:

The point of the difference between the pre-paid amount and the day of amount is to try to incent people to register in advance so we can try to get estimated counts for food vendors, room set-up etc..

If the difference was only 2x say as you suggest then many more people would just come in the day of the swap vs. pre-registering making for a logistical nightmare. FWIW, these were the exact same fees and requirements as the last swap. The only difference is that instead of doing an escalated prepay amount right up to the day of the swap, we did a single amount and cut it off the week before. Ever try to compile and print out a pre-paid list right up to the day of the swap as people continue to register until the last minute?

Asking me? That would be a yes :lol:

I don't think you're talking to me though :D

I understand the why, I'm the one that failed and I even read the post numerous times. 110% my fault. Just no extra funds right now.

GreshamH said:
I understand the why, I'm the one that failed and I even read the post numerous times. 110% my fault. Just no extra funds right now.
"Hey Bryan, I'll trade you this bottle of Oysterfeast to cover my fee"
:-D

Yep, I agree, my fault. I just made note of the date instead of reading the actual post!

I think it's a bit psychological for me. Even though it's the same thing, if it said "The frag trade will have a $20 entry fee BUT if you pre-register, you get an amazing discount of only $5!" versus "Prepay for $5, otherwise the door fee is $20". In one case, it's a great deal, in the other case it's like being penalized.

I'll just be more careful next time. My tank is a mess right now and probably shouldn't take any new frags anyway. I'm overrun with RBTA and friggen mushrooms. I just like to go to the swaps because they re-excite me about the tank.

V

I haven't swapped in years but I go just for that very reason, to get excited again. Swaps have such high reef energy it's a great infusion :D

GreshamH said:
I haven't swapped in years but I go just for that very reason, to get excited again. Swaps have such high reef energy it's a great infusion :D

Lets not forget another important reason to go: to get rid of coral! :-D

As a board member last year I want to thank the current crew for planning out this event and not killing yourselves the day of the event. Bryan I hope the flat cut off was much easier this year. Great idea. I hope each of you gets to enjoy visiting with other members and get some break time from hosting the event.

Vince and Gresham sorry to hear you didn't get your fees in on time. I do not have a ton of space so would offer my fourth and later rounds to either of you. Like you said Vince it is a good time to give coral out that has overgrown.

I'm fine, no need to give me any your swap times :) It allows me to have an actual weekend and that makes me happy.

tuberider said:
Mr. Ugly said:
The best part of a swap is not having to put away frags afterwards.

Or so says Bookfish and a few others :D

Or at least bring three coolers of frags and come home with 4-5 frags, life is good :D

Or in bookfish's case once, leave 3 full size coolers at home with hundreds of frags and have to put them away when you get home, with the help of a cool person named Gresham.

Back