BAR Regional Swap February 12th @ Chabot College- Please note location change

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by seminolecpa, Dec 30, 2010.

1. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

There is a large screen that comes down from the ceiling that wwe can project onto.

2. gimmito

gimmito Guest

Just wanted to say great frag swap guys ! Big thanks to everyone for making my first BAR FS a memorable one. I got some cool frags, hooked up w/familiar faces and met some new ones too. I also won a sweet Avast Davey Jones Locker. :bigsmile:

3. houser

houser Past President

One of several SPS tables:

[​IMG]

another:

[​IMG]

A LPS table

[​IMG]

Softies get some love

[​IMG]

4. houser

houser Past President

Group A round 1:

[​IMG]

Round 1 thinking (is this the one I want?):

[​IMG]

But first you have to get through this guy. Reminds me of the secret service. In plain sight, but you don't mess with him.

[​IMG]

If you had any questions before entering you'd see these guys:

[​IMG]

5. houser

houser Past President

The queue:

[​IMG]

New reefer!

[​IMG]

This kid on the left is "getting heavy into SPS"!! I say take the bull by the horns young lad. You're famous.

[​IMG]

6. houser

houser Past President

Operations table:

[​IMG]

I'm running out of fingers to count all these tickets

[​IMG]

Thank you to sponsors who donated prizes. Everyone was very happy.

[​IMG]

BOOO MP10 winner

7. houser

houser Past President

Full size pics if anyone needs them PM me.

8. 99sf

99sf Guest

Great photos, Dave! What a fun event... Very well-planned. The new location was cool, with windows everywhere.

9. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

There's my head way in the back! :D

Amazing swap. If we have a BAR-only swap this year, I vote for it to be held in that room. I loved how there was a separate room for picking, which had lots of sunlight coming through so that the corals shows some true colors. It was a bit tight as far as space goes, but still a great swap. :)

10. jestersix

jestersix Sponsor

Thanks to all the folks at BAR for a great swap. As always, worth the 8 hour round trip. The Bay Area LFS scene rocks too - now to explain that Australomussa to my wife. Robert is a smooth salesman for sure! As always good to visit with everyone. Look forward to seeing you all next time...

11. houser

houser Past President

I pay the bills in my household ;)

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Practice saying, "Look what I got at the swap!"

:D

13. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

LOL John...just tell her it grew from a 1" frag you got months ago. She just didn't notice it cuz it was wwwaayyyyyyy toward the back of the tank. Then use some reverse psychology on her along the line "See! you don't pay attention to me anymore....=o(". It usually works on Cerissa back in the days.

14. ReefDream

ReefDream Guest

Darn I messed up! I thought this was TODAY (sunday) not yesterday. I don't know how I managed to mix this up -- maybe from my 101 F fever from the flu). I was just getting ready to frag some stuff. This sucks!!! ;( If anyone is interesting in trading some steel blue or orange ricordia, let me know. I also would like some nice xenia as the last batch I had did not seem to be able to survive under the high-intensity LED canopy (500W) made by my brother's company, Castle Aquatics. Look for these canopies soon - they'll blow you away with their performance and will be inexpensive.

15. Took a few pictures as well. hehe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. jestersix

jestersix Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for your advise - luckily she really loved the Australomussa! Her comment? "I don't mind, that one is really pretty!"

Looking at everything this morning I am in awe of the mad coral growing skills in this club.

17. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Nice first post and welcome.
    I little shameless self promotion but none the less welcome.
    Maybe you were DREAMing. LOL
    Tell your Bra to become a sponsor or something.

18. Tamazula

Tamazula Guest

It was nice briefly meeting people and putting faces to names, even if I didn't get much talking in. Not grabbing the big red/orange chalice that I saw in the first round ended up being my big oopsie, but I'll make up for it next time. :)

Cheers.

19. iani

iani Guest

Any other pictures taken? I want to send ecotech some shots of our swap. I promised them some pictures in return for that mp10 they donated. haha

20. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

I must say that even though the room was smaller than the cafeteria the BOD and volunteers did a great job setting up the location of everything. Much props to all of you. :)