Reef nutrition

BAR Regional Swap February 12th @ Chabot College- Please note location change

Just wanted to say great frag swap guys ! Big thanks to everyone for making my first BAR FS a memorable one. I got some cool frags, hooked up w/familiar faces and met some new ones too. I also won a sweet Avast Davey Jones Locker. :bigsmile:

One of several SPS tables:

SPS.jpg

another:

MoreSPS.jpg

A LPS table

LPS.jpg

Softies get some love

Softies.jpg

Group A round 1:

GroupARoundOne1.jpg

Round 1 thinking (is this the one I want?):

GroupAthinkingHard.jpg

But first you have to get through this guy. Reminds me of the secret service. In plain sight, but you don't mess with him.

NoneShallPass.jpg

If you had any questions before entering you'd see these guys:

Legends.jpg

The queue:

Bullpen.jpg

New reefer!

NewSwapper.jpg

This kid on the left is "getting heavy into SPS"!! I say take the bull by the horns young lad. You're famous.

HeavyintoSPS.jpg

Operations table:

Braintrust.jpg

I'm running out of fingers to count all these tickets

Moreticketsthanfingersonhand.jpg

Thank you to sponsors who donated prizes. Everyone was very happy.

Somesponsorloot.jpg

BOOO MP10 winner

houser said:
The queue:

Bullpen.jpg

There's my head way in the back! :D

Amazing swap. If we have a BAR-only swap this year, I vote for it to be held in that room. I loved how there was a separate room for picking, which had lots of sunlight coming through so that the corals shows some true colors. It was a bit tight as far as space goes, but still a great swap. :)

Thanks to all the folks at BAR for a great swap. As always, worth the 8 hour round trip. The Bay Area LFS scene rocks too - now to explain that Australomussa to my wife. Robert is a smooth salesman for sure! As always good to visit with everyone. Look forward to seeing you all next time...

jestersix said:
Thanks to all the folks at BAR for a great swap. As always, worth the 8 hour round trip. The Bay Area LFS scene rocks too - now to explain that Australomussa to my wife. Robert is a smooth salesman for sure! As always good to visit with everyone. Look forward to seeing you all next time...

LOL John...just tell her it grew from a 1" frag you got months ago. She just didn't notice it cuz it was wwwaayyyyyyy toward the back of the tank. Then use some reverse psychology on her along the line "See! you don't pay attention to me anymore....=o(". It usually works on Cerissa back in the days.

Darn I messed up! I thought this was TODAY (sunday) not yesterday. I don't know how I managed to mix this up -- maybe from my 101 F fever from the flu). I was just getting ready to frag some stuff. This sucks!!! ;( If anyone is interesting in trading some steel blue or orange ricordia, let me know. I also would like some nice xenia as the last batch I had did not seem to be able to survive under the high-intensity LED canopy (500W) made by my brother's company, Castle Aquatics. Look for these canopies soon - they'll blow you away with their performance and will be inexpensive.

Thanks to everyone for your advise - luckily she really loved the Australomussa! Her comment? "I don't mind, that one is really pretty!"

Looking at everything this morning I am in awe of the mad coral growing skills in this club.

ReefDream said:
Darn I messed up! I thought this was TODAY (sunday) not yesterday. I don't know how I managed to mix this up -- maybe from my 101 F fever from the flu). I was just getting ready to frag some stuff. This sucks!!! ;( If anyone is interesting in trading some steel blue or orange ricordia, let me know. I also would like some nice xenia as the last batch I had did not seem to be able to survive under the high-intensity LED canopy (500W) made by my brother's company, Castle Aquatics. Look for these canopies soon - they'll blow you away with their performance and will be inexpensive.

Nice first post and welcome.
I little shameless self promotion but none the less welcome.
Maybe you were DREAMing. LOL
Tell your Bra to become a sponsor or something.

It was nice briefly meeting people and putting faces to names, even if I didn't get much talking in. Not grabbing the big red/orange chalice that I saw in the first round ended up being my big oopsie, but I'll make up for it next time. :)

Cheers.

Any other pictures taken? I want to send ecotech some shots of our swap. I promised them some pictures in return for that mp10 they donated. haha

I must say that even though the room was smaller than the cafeteria the BOD and volunteers did a great job setting up the location of everything. Much props to all of you. :)

Back