Neptune Aquatics

BAR Regional Swap February 13th @ Chabot College

We do two a year, one Regional (everyone's invited), and a members only swap in August. Our regional swap is very much an outreach to other clubs and to reefers who are interested in the community, there tends to be a ton of frags due to the turnout, although I feel that the DBTC program has had an impact on attendance since there are now so many corals available at any given time. The members only swap is more of a party, the quality of frags is amazing, but there's not a whole bunch of them. That's fine by me since I only wind up taking a couple of frags anyway, bring two coolers go home with two frags, I like it!

We've had rare picking groups and tiers, but in the end we feel it puts the emphasis on what can I get rather than what can I bring, the whole mentality of our swaps, we feel, is propagation, sharing and diversity, those are important elements that embrace our mission :)

Also, we will be hosting BAYMAC this year and would love to have you guys out for that event.

I think Jim invented bringing too many corals.... he also invented leaving 3 of 5 coolers behind for a swap :) Seriously though, Jim used to bring hundred of corals. It wasn't too far behind him. I think my record was just shy of 70 :p

tuberider said:
Look at the first post Matt, there's a list at the bottom of post #1

Oh OK thanks... Well that's sort of like everything I have but I guess I can bring some mushrooms, dragon's eye zoas... and... ummm... hmm... some electric green sea mats! :D

GreshamH said:
I think Jim invented bringing too many corals.... he also invented leaving 3 of 5 coolers behind for a swap :) Seriously though, Jim used to bring hundred of corals. It wasn't too far behind him. I think my record was just shy of 70 :p

Rookie :)

It depends. Some people can in theory leave with a bunch, but the important thing is to only take what you have the resources to actually keep.

That is, for example, if you have pc lights on your tank, do not take SPS frags. ;)

Back