got ethical husbandry?

BAR-RUST 233H epoxy paint (NSF potable water approved)

So I'm painting my below deck aluminum gas tank for my boat to avoid salt water corrosion (the death of my last tank) and did a lot of research on epoxy paints for the job. What it came down to is this stuff from Devoe Coatings called BAR-RUST 233H. It meets CA's VOC standards and is approved for everything - petroleum, chemicals, sewage, potable water, complete immersion and non-immersion applications. The stuff is thick, but applies like a dream, it can be colored and is pretty much bomb proof. I was sold when the ICI Paint rep told me they sold 200gallons to Andrews AFB to line their jet fuel tanks, they sell it to water treatment facilities, water storage, and to oil companies for painting their off shore oil rigs..(imagine what those things go through, extreme weather, UV, salt spray, chemicals, etc).

It got me thinking about possible doing a DIY plywood/acrylic tank in the 300gal range.....anyways thought I'd put this on the resource boards for anyone looking to paint a sump, wave box, tank, whatever, this stuff will do it!

You have to buy it in 1gal cans, for about $72 (includes activator), it is a 4:1 mix ratio, so you can mix small batches and save it for multiple jobs.

here is the spec sheet.
http://www.duspec.com/DuSpec2/product/ProductDocumentSearchController.htm?documentFormat=pdf&systemSetId=13&productCode=233H&documentType=datasheet&submit=Get+Document

Back