BAR stickers??

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by zambavi, Dec 31, 2008.

1. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I believe I've seen a couple of Bay Area Reefers stickers on tanks here on the BAR website. How do you get one of these? I'm thinking one would look great on my 40G breeder frag tank i'm setting up next week. ;D Maybe a second one for my new Sumpfuge I just set up. ;) LMK!

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Gresham had some made at BAYMAC. There was a stack of them that magically disappeared throughout the event lol.

3. zambavi

zambavi Guest

Dang... well if anyones got 1 or 2 I'd love them. Willing to pay for them if reasonable.

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'll have some more cut tomorrow, I'll be at the shop doing another project :)

IMO BAR should sell them, I can get a slamming deal on them for BAR :) It would be like $3 - $5 IIRC>

I'll bring them to the BOD meeting or ship them to a BOD member to bring to the meeting if I can't make it. I just found out I have to do two trades hows this month so I may not make the BOD meeting.

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Color? Black fine?

6. zambavi

zambavi Guest

Black is perfect. Sounds good. I'll be at the BOD meeting here in a week and a half. LMK if you need $$.

7. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I grabbed on and luckily I didn't put it on my Civic before it got totaled. Not that I was asked BUT :) the only thing that would make them more desirable would be a different shape. A rectangle is cool for a tank but for something less symmetrical like a car an oval or maybe a boarder on the rectangle would be better. What do you all think?

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You know how long I worked on that stupid thing? I ended up remaking it totally from scratch :)

A boarder on the left side? Doable with little effort :)

9. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5780.msg72285#msg72285 date=1230846301]
    You know how long I worked on that stupid thing? I ended up remaking it totally from scratch :)

A boarder on the left side? Doable with little effort :)[/quote]
    Yeah, I made a vector image for by brother-in-law a while back when my friend had a vinyl cutter and converting images more than often leaves you with jagged lines all over the place. I ended up re-doing all the lines for the ones I made if I recall. Just throw a 3/16th's or 1/4 inch boarder around the whole thing and call it a day :)

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'll offer both boarder and no boarder as I like the no boarder much better :)

There is no conversion with how I prep the files for my printer. I worked those details out a while ago, I gabbed the manual from them and read it cover to cover. My problem was when I tried to use the "trace" feature it got jumbled up so i just went and traced it by hand :) I've learned a ton since I made that vector file though. Something like that I can whip out in under an hour, usually 20 minutes :) CS4 ROCKS!!!!! I whipped out a 12 page catalog last night. Took me 6 hours (what I did for new years) but on CS3 it would have taken me all week, honestly.

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

What about size? I made those ones for laptops :) I can go about 2" smaller I think. I can do larger ones as well, but they won't be super cheap. Heck, I can run them with camo vinyl, translucent, glow in the dark, etc. There is a ton of vinyl available now a days :)

12. Thales

Thales Past President

Hey Gresh - I would love a couple of white BAR stickers.

I would also love some more Ink's and I didn't actually get a squidbilly sticker!

You are my master!

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Did you get my email the other night with my new ones (plankton)? I need you to help decide which one.

NP on the rest, I all ready ordered your white ones :) The Firesquid should be soon coming. Is 2' on the largest side good or should I work on doing it on the big plotter?

14. LeviT

LeviT Guest

If they look better without the boarder than I trust you. I was just thinking it would have made it more..... bumper friendly, you know more apealing to the eye. A little smaller wouldn't be bad though.

15. Thales

Thales Past President

I did not get that email. Weird and has happened before. Try sending it to bandensis@gmail.com.

Sweet on the rest!

For the fire squid I think no need for the plotter - the hood of a Scion is not huge.

Dude, that firesquid makes me all excited!

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I've been playing with it for the last couple weeks. It's tough as there is never a straight on shot of it and it's such a horrible sketch when you actually pause it.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

OK, I'm going to send Jeremy the stickers....hopefully he's going to the BOD meeting :)

I have 8 white and 8 black one that I'm sending. Sorry, no boarder. I forgot to send that file....no really I did. I wanted to see it myself :)

18. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I'm hoping 1 or 2 of these can be mine?

19. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I won't be there but I don't have any problem with people taking two if no one else wants them. If the demand exceeds the amount I send I can have more printed. I still need to find out the cost. Hmmm, she might sponsor the club *gears grinding* :)

20. Elite

Elite Guest

Gresham, anyway I can have a soft copy? I want to create a template so I can paint it on my fixture. LMK.. Thanks!