Reef nutrition

barreefers.org isn't working on Google Chrome...

JAR said:
GreshamH said:
Well I couldn't shut off a Vista computer two years ago. I was on a flight with a cute lady that was interviewing me on the leg from PHX to OAK. She got up to go to the bathroom and asked if I would save the interview and shut it down (we were landing soon). Couldn't do it. Way to impress the ladies. (she did ask to go to dinner, but Southwest lost my bags and by the time I got done with them (2 hours), she was tired and it was midnight so I just brought her home)

Yours or hers? :D

To her house in Oakland.....

I spoke to someone to knows her afterwords and he assured me that was all for the best. Two tacos short of a combo plate ;)

rygh said:
seminolecpa said:
Gomer said:
rygh said:
People still use that antiquated software like Excel and Word on has-been hardware like a PC?
Losers.
:)

Pop out your iPad, and get "numbers" or "pages" on the app store.
I challenge you to do what I do on Word/Excel with Numbers and Pages ;)

We can make a bet on this and I can retire early :p

+100000000000

You don't understand - those features you think you care about are simply not important.
Conform and be assimilated....
uh huh....ya :-D put the crack pipe down...and walk away...

GreshamH said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Gomer said:

Geek smackdown! :D
pwned?
Nah.
A real geek smack-down would have to be against Framemaker, running on linux of course.

But since people are getting so uppity about all this... :)
I am curious what that challenge really means:

1) Word has some special feature that no-one else has?
Like making reverse quantum tables auto update by just hitting CTRL-ALT-QED
Yawn. Of course. True of any app.
I counter challenge that I can do something on pathetic google docs that you cannot do with Word.

2) Word can actually produce a final printed output document page that no other app can?
Challenge on that, and it might be worth a real geek smack-down.

3) Word is better?
I would take that challenge. Might be true, but good look proving something that vague.

Can you write VB macros in Numbers?
can it do complex pivot tables and custom (call) fuctions and filtering?

Can Pages do endnote integration such as cite-as-you-write or even bibliography formating and indexing?
Can Pages do Track Changes and Version Comparison?

These are non-negotiable with what I do :)

And the real geek smackdown wouldn't be word or excel
It would be Matlab vs Mathematica vs Mathcad vs IGOR.

rygh said:
GreshamH said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Gomer said:

Geek smackdown! :D
pwned?
Nah.
A real geek smack-down would have to be against Framemaker, running on linux of course.

But since people are getting so uppity about all this... :)
I am curious what that challenge really means:

1) Word has some special feature that no-one else has?
Like making reverse quantum tables auto update by just hitting CTRL-ALT-QED
Yawn. Of course. True of any app.
I counter challenge that I can do something on pathetic google docs that you cannot do with Word.

2) Word can actually produce a final printed output document page that no other app can?
Challenge on that, and it might be worth a real geek smack-down.

3) Word is better?
I would take that challenge. Might be true, but good look proving something that vague.

No people get real tired of you apple fan boys saying wr should convert. Keep your damn koolaid and sneakers to yourself.

And no one said Word...
Excel...

Never really understood the complaints about Apple and office being such a wonderful product on a PC, there is an Apple version...

As a long time Apple user, I think the kool-aid drinking mentally comes from being crapped on for 15+ years for having an Apple. Starting with my old Apple IIe, there was always comments from PC owners about getting a real computer that can actually do something. :p Never had any problems using Apples, and now that there is such a resurgence in Apple computer/platforms, Apple geeks are just getting our own shots in! :) The biggest difference I have seen between the two platforms is simply interface, and whichever one you are more comfortable with is the one you say is best.

h20player101 said:
Never really understood the complaints about Apple and office being such a wonderful product on a PC, there is an Apple version...

As a long time Apple user, I think the kool-aid drinking mentally comes from being crapped on for 15+ years for having an Apple. Starting with my old Apple IIe, there was always comments from PC owners about getting a real computer that can actually do something. :p Never had any problems using Apples, and now that there is such a resurgence in Apple computer/platforms, Apple geeks are just getting our own shots in! :) The biggest difference I have seen between the two platforms is simply interface, and whichever one you are more comfortable with is the one you say is best.

That is FAR to reasonable of a statement for a thread like this.
Pages on an iPad - go go go.

BTW: In all honesty:
I never really understood either how people get so passionate about these things.
It is just a tool. Different people have different needs, so different tools are better.
Fun though. J)
I usually use Word myself, either on my Mac or my PC.
But what I use the most - by far - is "vi". Really.

h20player101 said:

I started on a Apple ][ (guess your not a true Apple guy, you didn't use ][) then migrated to a ][e then to a ][c. I never got whacked on by my PC friends, if you'ze got skillz, you'ze got skillz :) I was a SYSOP on IBM based BBS's :lol:

The amount of "you should get a Apple" far exceeds any ribbing I saw back then.

I will now (but I couldn't until now, had no clue) :)

Hmmm 84/85, thinks that's around when I got the ][c. WOOT, 300 baud modem in the house.

GreshamH said:
h20player101 said:

I started on a Apple ][ (guess your not a true Apple guy, you didn't use ][) then migrated to a ][e then to a ][c. I never got whacked on by my PC friends, if you'ze got skillz, you'ze got skillz :) I was a SYSOP on IBM based BBS's :lol:

I see your Apple 2e and raise you a Radio Shack Color Computer II with a tape drive.

seminolecpa said:
GreshamH said:
h20player101 said:

I see your Apple 2e and raise you a Radio Shack Color Computer II with a tape drive.

I started on a TRS-80 myself :p

tuberider said:
I started on a TRS-80 myself :p
Sweet! Me too!
Xmas 1978
Hated the tape drive, but that Z80 was way ahead of its time.
Funny - we went to DC a couple of years ago, and the same model was in the Smithsonian.
Not sure if my kid was impressed, or embarrassed.

Back