got ethical husbandry?

BAYMAC 2011 - May 14 - Chabot College

sfsuphysics said:
wow I saw the free parking bit before and thought it was a typo, how'd you swing that?
There is an event there for the College that weekend I believe so it is free parking because of that.

GDawson said:
Are the speakers being recorded?

-Gregory

No They usually are not. Only under special circumstances. Most speakers give the same talk multiple times to multiple clubs and if they were to be recoreded, then people would just watch videos online and not have them come and speak to their club. Which is bad for both parties. You loose a lot of information in just watching a video instead of listening to the talk live.

Tumbleweed said:
sfsuphysics said:
wow I saw the free parking bit before and thought it was a typo, how'd you swing that?
There is an event there for the College that weekend I believe so it is free parking because of that.

Any idea of said event? I remember there once was a outdoor flea market type event or something and holy f* that was a horrible day to go searching for a parking spot.

GreshamH said:
Hungary? No worries there will be a hot dog cart serving up dogs all day long - plenty of food locally as well

:D Not trying to be a spelling Nazi...
At first I thought it was a pun (Hungary -> Austria -> Viennese sasusages -> hot dogs), but it seemed like a long stretch. ;)

[Any idea of said event? I remember there once was a outdoor flea market type event or something and holy f* that was a horrible day to go searching for a parking spot.[/quote]
Said event is Mega Day, same as last year. Early registration for incoming freshmen. Will be mostly on the other side of campus, where the last frag swap was.

lattehiatus said:
GreshamH said:
Hungary? No worries there will be a hot dog cart serving up dogs all day long - plenty of food locally as well

At first I thought it was a pun (Hungary -> Austria -> Viennese {sasusages} -> hot dogs), but it seemed like a long stretch. ;)

whooops :lol: thanks, it was a long day... I posted that just before going to sleep.

Here's the current floor plan: http://thebaymac.com/sites/default/files/BAYMAC2011_042911_floorplan.pdf

The forums won't let me post this but if other clubs BODs approve it, they can post it on their RC forum..

Any help is appreciated :D (and don't violate forum rules :D )

BAYMAC2011_banners_468x60.jpg

The Bay Area Marine Aquarium Conference
Saturday May 14th - 11:00am >> 5:00pm
Chabot College - Hayward, CA
www.TheBAYMAC.com
www.facebook.com/BAYMAC

Free Admission!!
Free parking!!!
Massive raffle!!
Door Prizes!! (4x $250 GC valid @ "Participating LFS)
Hungry? No worries there will be a hot dog cart serving up dogs all day long - plenty of food locally as well

Hosted By:
BAR - Bay Area Reefers

Sponsored By:
Reef Nutrition
Kessil Lighting
ESV Co
Aquatic Collection

Critter ID booth hosted by:
Leslie Harris of the Natural History Museum of L.A. County
more hosts TBA

Guest Speakers:

Justin Credable - CA
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Title: "The New Coral Bank, The Global Coral Repository"

Tony Vargas - FLA
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Title: "Successful Reef Aquariums From Around The World (& how they got there!)"

Simon Garratt
- UK
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Title: "Pushing The boundaries"

Exhibitors:

Reef Nutrition
Kessil Lighting
Marco Rocks
Acan Lighting
Neptune Systems
Boston Aqua Farms
Sunlight Supply
CPR Aquatic
SunBrite Lighting
Seachem
Zoomed
Nano Customs
Illuminarium
ATI
AquaIllumination
Karen Talbot Art
more TBA

Vendors:

Your Reef
Neptune Aquatics
Fins And Critters
Exotic Frags
Reef Odyssey
Fantastic Frags
Fluid Dynamics Aquariums
Reef Empire
The Happy Coral
Aquarium In Motion
Dream Coral
Great Ocean Wonders
Sustainable Reefs
more TBA

Reef Clubs:

BAR
NVR
CVR
NCRC
more TBA (if your club wants to join in please contact us via the website)

Featuring the Reef Builders balcony Lounge over looking the conference

GreshamH said:
lattehiatus said:
GreshamH said:

At first I thought it was a pun (Hungary -> Austria -> Viennese {sasusages} -> hot dogs), but it seemed like a long stretch. ;)

whooops :lol: thanks, it was a long day... I posted that just before going to sleep.

Here's the current floor plan: http://thebaymac.com/sites/default/files/BAYMAC2011_042911_floorplan.pdf

LOL - nice catch, too! Like I said, I'm hardly one to be an authoritative spelling Nazi, just amused by the loose connection. ;)

Oh trust me... I didn't catch it... auto spell check underlined it for me :lol:

Well that's it folks... all the booths have been filled :) The last vendor botoh was just taken by Stewart's Frag Farm from Socal. I've been doing shows with them for years, great people and great corals.

I'm getting very excited... and nervous... but all the final details are falling into place :)

Hey Gents. I had blast today at Baymac, thanks to BAR and Gresham slapping this shindig together.. nothing like corals and a bunch of reef heads in one spot.. thanks...

Super fun.
Super fun.
Super fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Still full from al pastor burrito.
Inspired by some speakers.
Shopped in the BAR frag tank got a few pieces.
Sold some shirts.
Sold some corals.
Liked the frag tank and the light mounts.

And thoroughly pissed myself when Sig took the chest shot with that hose.

Even got to read the Coral mag Ret gave me while parked in front of the coliseum while the CHP figured out what sort of ticket to give me for apparently only having half a valid registration sticker? WTF? CHP was thick on 880 coming home.

No worries though.

I had a great time.....so many things to look and chose from.....and that was just at the taco truck :D

Want to thank all that helped make this a succesful event.

@ Dave (houser).....you know what they say.....if no pictures...it never happened ( in regards to the siphon incident )

Back