Neptune Aquatics

BAYMAC - Corals needed

Ibn

cwolfus wrote:
Yes, BAR will be selling corals at the BAR table... and we are enthusiastically asking for you, and other newer members, to bring corals for the club to sell.

This year we are doing the frags sales thing a little different. You see, we hear from newer members that it is hard to bring corals to swaps because "the good stuff" hasn't grown out and they don't think members are interested in their zoas, softies, etc. Meanwhile those corals keep growing well. We have all been there. We understand. So the BOD has been looking for a way to support that while empowering ALL members to support the club.

Well here it is! BAYMAC is a great chance to prop those corals for the benefit of the club!

We need to see 200 frags at this event and we're not expecting much from Jeremy, Sergio, Ian, Bryan, and the others who compete to bring as many corals as possible.

That means we need everyone to step up with 4-5 frags - especially zoas, softies, and LPS. (though SPS are welcome too)

... and now is the perfect time to get started cutting!

Link, thanks for offering to bring coral. Who else can bring a few corals for BAR? And what are you bringing?

C

Couldn't edit Charles OP, so I'm starting a new one here and will transfer any information over from the other.

In addition to what you will be bringing, please list what time you will be bringing the frags with you. I'll edit as necessary.

Coral Donations:
baymac%20corals.jpg

Total Count: 33

All: Can I get a count on #? Also, expected delivery time?

Soulfish
Green Zoas
Blue Tub Zoas
Green Star Polyps
Green Birds Nest SPS

Vivi
green star polyp
tons of kenya trees (1 inch size)
a few purple mushrooms (if i manage to frag it)
brown paly

Mark (mpoletti)
polyps and monti's down for the cause. Maybe an acro or two as well.

Jess (treylane)
Xenia
Umi Xenia
Pink mushrooms
Green Polyp birdsnest
Yellow/green acro thing
Pink/Purple birdsnest
Endless "freebie" zoa frags that online vendors insist on sending...

Bill (Cookiejar)

clove polyps
cat eye zoas
other zoas- red people eaters and other zoas I don't know name of
purple haze monti
xenia
nepthia

Mike (sfsuphysics)

3 frags of red prostrata
Some other stuff?

Nick (miles405) - 12:30 Arrival time

-Orange Monti Cap
-Monti Cap I bought last year as a Leng Sy Cap
-Bright Green Cap with purple edge
-Valida (Purple with green polyps)
-Small red planet
-Orange Ricordia if I can get them out
-I have a ton of Xenia I would love to give away, but notice this is already posted. Should I bring some?

Tony (Gomer)

some heads of Torch, Neon Frogspawn, Duncans

Not sure on count. Since I can't store new frags, I have to frag the morning of...which means, I can only frag pieces for which I will only be cutting skeleton and not tissue. I'm not sure how many that will be since I can't see the the base on these guys. Guestimate 5-10 frags total (mixed).
I'll arrive at the beginning.

I may not be able to attend, but I can donate some frags if someone can bring them in. I can provide:

1 x DFS Reverse Superman Monti
1 x Tyree Neon Green Polyp Toadstool
1 x Gold Cloves
1 x Neon green pavona
1 x Long polyp toadstool (mocha)
1 x Hawaiian People Eater Paly

I need to take my shirt off when I get into the tank, I swear I soak up probably half a gallon of water just through my sleeves!

Ok I'm done fragging, baring anything dying

1 - green base, purple rim, blue polyp monti cap
1 - Pink jade acro
1- Green slimer
1- Blue tip UAF brown base tricolor
2- Tricolor bright purple tip (might be Larry Jackson acro)
3- Not as bright purple tip tricolor
3- Red Prostradas (MURP!)
4- Nuclear green acros

Most of which are extremely large frags/mini-colony sized (ok maybe a tad smaller than minicolony), I also probably got half a dozen to a dozen 2 inch branches of acros, that broke off while I was fragging, I dumped them in a corner of my tank I'll bring what survives. If you really want smaller pieces, then someone is going to have to house these until the frag swap, I don't have the space to put corals anywhere.

Not sure about delivery time although I'm fairly sure I won't be there at opening, I was thinking more noonish or so (depending upon talks that are given and what I want to see)

Ibn said:
All: Can I get a count on #? Also, expected delivery time?

Mark (mpoletti)

polyps and monti's down for the cause. Maybe an acro or two as well.

I will be bringing down 10 frags for the cause and I will be in there as soon as they will let me in :)

For mine, at least 1 of each:
1- clove polyps
1- cat eye zoas
1- other zoas- red people eaters and other zoas I don't know name of
1- purple haze monti
1- xenia
1- nepthia

they'll be there around 11am.

Hey gang, don't forget to post what time you expect to deliver coral. It will greatly help Eric with managing staffing and tank space.

BTW, we don't need everything to come in at the start... it actually will be more fun if there is new stuff showing up all the time!

... and people who are working the table should be sure to mention that we planned to have new corals show up throughout the day (so come back often)!

Hmm those are the double tall ones? Can't say really. I think I might have one of those I use for measuring 2 part laying around, I'll see if it would fit.

Basically I plan on bringing my corals in a couple larger containers, and then dropping them in the tank, I'd rather not have to package everything myself like a frag swap.

Alright, assuming the softies decide to attach to something useful by May8, here's what I've got:

4 green+blue tenuis
4 pink+purple birdsnest
4 green birdsnest
1 red sea xenia
2 umi blue xenia
2 yellow stripe cloves
3 pink shrooms
1 blue tip micropthalma
3 random zoa frags

I'll be there early.

Is it OK to bring a mini colony or two or three?
I will bring 15-20 frags in the morning.
purple montis
zoas
war coral
raspberry lemonade...

Back