BBQ Meetup

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Oct 31, 2007.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2544.msg27488#msg27488 date=1196454552]
    Hey Mike, Eric, Art...

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2638.new#new

:D
    [/quote]

you weren't kidding!

good thing I already went to the bathroom...

and I have my knight gear on now too.

2. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=nukeproof link=topic=2544.msg27484#msg27484 date=1196448364]
    Johara,

I will try to remember to bring the WII tomorrow. I only have the WII Sport that came with the game though.

Patrick
    [/quote]

maybe we can pickup some rentals from blockbuster. I hear those party games they have are ridiculously fun.

3. johara

johara Guest

Cool Patrick - I'll look forward to it. With 3 tanks in the living room wrist straps are probably a good idea. Then again, if a tank is going to break I can't imagine a better time than with the significant other out of town and 20 experienced reefers in the room to help ;D

4. johara

johara Guest

OK, just looked at the BBQ and it's in rougher shape than I thought. Someone earlier on in the thread offered to bring a Weber - I think that would be a good idea. I'm also all out of charcoal if anyone has any left over from the summer. We can do some grilling on my stove as well.

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I think Norman offered the weber. I have one too, but i dont' have a way to transport it =(

6. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Ok, I'll bring charcoal and a grill.

How about if I drop it off early in the morning, disappear for a while, then come back for the bbq at around 11:30 or so?

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Alright guys, a few last minute clarifications (thanks to arnold for calling me):

BBQ starts at 11:30am! You can come whenever, but not too late. =) Probably ending before 5pm.

The address I PM'd is also slightly wrong. The street number is 128, not 28. Sorry I missed that in the cut and paste.

8. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Oh, thank goodness it's not often that Mapquest is wrong.

9. johara

johara Guest

Thanks Norm. If it's really early I could be off dropping my daughter at SATs. So if I'm not there, just leave it by the front door or by the side of the house.

I'll be home by 10:30 for sure, as that's the original time we posted. If folks don't come til 11:30, that's cool too.

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Here's what I'm bringing:

Planet Earth
    Dremel
    Camera Gear

Eric:
    idaho grape
    magenta spice yuma
    green cap

Tim:
    10feet 1.5" Spa Flex
    magenta spice yuma

Arnold:
    magenta spice yuma (i think you lost your last one right?)

Rich:
    Quiet One 4000 (hope your last request is still valid)

Daniel:
    Tyree Ponape Birdsnest

Did I miss anybody? I still have a lot of green monti caps, idaho grapes, and hammers!

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Great BBQ, nice relaxing time for me. Norman as always kickbutt bbq, Johara can't thank you enough for the use of your lovely home, whoever brought the Wii... I hate you because I'm probably going to have to get one now :p (but yeah it was pretty fun)

12. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I left my stuff over at Johara's. :*(

Chisels (x2)
    Scalpel kit
    Cordless dremel...

13. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I saw those after you left. We gave them to Arnold to get to you.

14. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

fun bbq guys =) I had a good time just sorta hanging out and doing nothing =P I guess I did take a few pictures, I got a good monster yawn from rich too. I'll post some tomorrow =)

15. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Thanks Johara for hosting the party at your home!

Full tank shot of her beautiful reef:

[​IMG]

Yumm, time to eat:

[​IMG]

Clam:

[​IMG]

Tryptopham:

[​IMG]

16. johara

johara Guest

It was totally my pleasure everyone! It's a rare day I get to spend just hanging out, talking reef and eating great food. I really enjoyed myself, and enjoyed meeting folks I didn't know before or only knew by online handles. Thanks for the mad photography skills - love that sailfin eating pic.

I think we Alamedans will be getting it together to do a tank tour when it gets a little warmer, and I'd love to participate next time there's a SF or south bay tour. I always learn something from seeing other people's tanks.

Thanks for coming everyone!

17. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Thanks everyone that put this together and contributed to this fun day

18. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Many thanks to Jahara and Art, the fraggers and Qers. That was fun!

19. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

BTW, did I leave Nami's keychain toy?

20. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I must say I enjoyed myself too. Thanks for the great lunch and I hope that fudge cake made it to a good home :)