BBQ Meetup

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Thanks! I thought I had taken everything w/me, but turns out that I left most of it there...

Anyways, here are some pics for you, Johara.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Elite

Elite Guest

Sound like you guys had a lot of fun.

Hopefully someday I will be able to take pics like Art and Eric ;D ..

3. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

why does my life have to get crazy in December and miss cool club events like this.

4. johara

johara Guest

Wow! Very cool pics. You can even see the eyes on the clownfish fry! The black background really works to see detail on the fish - wish I knew how to do that. The first (male) anthias shot is now my desktop background.

I did not see Nomi's keychain - sorry.

The fudge cake found a home in my kid's stomachs!! I couldn't get anyone to take it home, so I force fed the few people still there, and my 22 and 16 year olds polished the rest off easily later that night, along with most of the cookies, turkey, chips and dip, not necessarily in that order.

I am now officially addicted to Wii, and there are none to be found. Bummer.

Eric, did you leave anything besides the tools that went with Arnold?

Thanks again to the organizers, photographers, food bringers, fraggers, cooks and all who took time from their busy Decembers to attend!

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=johara link=topic=2544.msg27712#msg27712 date=1196661922]
    Wow! Very cool pics. You can even see the eyes on the clownfish fry! The black background really works to see detail on the fish - wish I knew how to do that. The first (male) anthias shot is now my desktop background.
    [/quote]

The black background can be done with a few different techniques, and I can only guess what eric did, but there's a few different ways.

One is to flash the subject, especially at night. If you take a picture of a flower in a dark room, and the flash is way more powerful than any ambient light, it will glow while the rest is dark.

Also post processing if you increase contrast, up the blacks, it also does a very nice effect like eric's.

6. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Johara, my GF ordered a Wii from virgin megastores online site a week ago and was put on a waitlist. A unit was shipped out a couple days ago, so you may be able to put an order in now andgetit by xmas. Or you can buy one on ebay for more then retail =(.

7. Thales

Thales Past President

That just rocked. Really fun time! Great pics! Thanks everyone!

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Yah, what Rich said! Great get together. Thanks to everyone for the food, frags, and fun. Special thanks to Art for for wondering wouldn't it be good if.... and for Johara for hosting at her house!

9. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Thanks to everyone fot putting on BBQ.

10. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Good times!

11. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Johara,

Thanks for hosting. Sorry I completely forgot to break out the shebert and ice cream I brought. Enjoy the 3 some gallons that are probably still sitting in your freezer :)

I got the go ahead from my wife to host one at some point in the future if people don't mind travelling to Burlingame.

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I had a blast as well :) Thanks to all that helped!!!!

13. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Thanks to Art for his suggestion and putting this together, Johara for sharing your home with us, and Norman for the great food.

A big thank you to everyone who came, sorry I didn't get a chance to properly say "Hi"

14. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

The pic naturally has some black in the BG and to get a cleaner black, I adjusted the levels (as Art pointed out).

Johara, I think that's all that I forgot at your place. Thanks for checking and for hosting this great event!

15. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I had fun too....what tools? Norm said that I can have them.

16. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Look at this cool frag I got from Rich after the BBQ. I think its an alien eye cuttle.

[​IMG]

17. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=Paradox link=topic=2544.msg27755#msg27755 date=1196719209]
    Look at this cool frag I got from Rich after the BBQ. I think its an alien eye cuttle.
    [/quote]

LOL, very cool. The feeding video's are cool too.

18. guihan

guihan Guest

Johara, thanks for hosting the get together at your house. That tank is awesome. Thanks to Norman for the great BBQ and everyone else for the great food! A good time was had and a lot was learned. Look forward to the next get together. Again, Johara, thanks for the frag. It looks great in the tank and it wants to grow up and look like yours.

19. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Johara, now that you have pictures, you should try to post up a tank journal thing for your awesome setup!!!

20. johara

johara Guest

Thanks for the complements guys. I will post up a tank journal, but might take a little while due to time constraints.

How did everyone's fireman monti frag do? I'm sorry to say mine didn't make it, never saw any polyp extension and tissue was already pretty eroded. The yellow milli looks happy though! That "Dori" hippo tang that hid all through the BBQ decided to stand up to the sailfin and stake out some tank territory. She's eating lots and starting to fatten up and cruise the tank. Makes me happy!