Our mission

Be nice if there was some way to track

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
what DBTC corals we were a part of.....

So much time goes by between getting a DBTC coral and it having enough growth to frag that I can't remember where the damn coral came from. Now admittedly since I buy and trade a lot of corals every week perhaps this is more of a "me" issue than it is for everyone, but today I just happened to run across a Nepthes DBTC thread and learned my original piece came from there. The only reason I looked in the thread was 1) someone had just posted init so it was at the top, and 2) I was curious if my Nepthea looked the same or if I had a different one. :) At that point I saw my name.

I immediately offered two DBTC frags to continue the chain, but it hit me I'm not sure I have a clue what corals I have received over the years.

Reactions: JVU
This used to be a thing back with the old software. I’ve asked hui if we could add the 6 month reminder for every chain you are part of months ago. Can’t remember why he didn’t want to/couldn’t do it.

I can sure look into this, but can’t guarantee a fix, since I’m not the original creator of the software. If I can’t do it, I would recommend escalating it to hire a software developer to look into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll find and bump the thread we made with all the things we wanted to add and fix for dbtc
Bumping is so transitory.
Threads are not a good way to store information unless sticky.

I added your notes to the shared google doc I made.
(Not that that is a truly ideal way either)

Also, you might want to clean up the stickies in DBTC.
There are 4, and really should be 2:
* Introduction
* Rules
And take the possibly conflicting rules out of the intro.

btrw i did look into the dbtc setting in the admin panel, and there's no setting or option for monthly reminders to be made. perhaps to add that option for future contractor to implement?

Yes, some sort of generic reminders plugin might help.
For membership, events, and so on.
On the other hand, I worry about the site getting overly complex and even harder to maintain.

Back