Cali Kid Corals

Beer forum?

j/k :p

that said, I'm a big fan of BIG stouts. Yesterday, I tried the Stone 090909 Epic Vertical. HFS!!! Talk about hitting my mouth with a sledgehammer of chocolately, malty, stouty goodness!!!

48 seconds ago, I placed a "pickup" order for 12 bottles of it. Yes, it was that good. Lets see if any of them make it to their "3 year" age.

Stone makes some incredible beers. There ruination IPA is incredible!

If you ever run across "Storm King Stout" you absolutely have to try it. It's made by Victory over on the east coast, Old Rasputin comes close but no stout I have ever tried tops Storm King. If your a member over on Beeradvocate you can check out some of my reviews.

http://beeradvocate.com/user/beer_reviews?ba=badbread&order=ratingD&start=0

Ive had rasputin's RIS several times. Killer brew. Haven't had Storm king, but I'll keep an eye out for it! I'm on BA, so I'll give them a read. Thanks!

I also have a bottle of ruination .....yum...

Gomer said:
Ive had rasputin's RIS several times. Killer brew. Haven't had Storm king, but I'll keep an eye out for it! I'm on BA, so I'll give them a read. Thanks!

I also have a bottle of urination .....yum...

sicko

seminolecpa said:
Gomer said:

I also have a bottle of urination .....yum...

sicko

gross!!!

quoted twice, it must be real :lol:

Tony, any idea where I can pick up some Pliny the Younger/Elder? I know the Russian river brewhouse isn't all that far away but if there are any local stores in the east bay/peninsula that sell it that would make my day.

The only place I got near me is Bevmo and I haven't seen it there...I also wasn't looking for it. I'll look when I go tonight to get my 090909

Tony here are some of my favorite BIG stouts
(* denotes hard to find if not impossible on the west coast)

1. Storm King Stout - Victory Brewing *
This is the beer that made me the beer snob I am today, victory is in PA and they make a BUNCH of incredible beers (If you do find them anywhere out here let me know and pick up some Golden Monkey (Tripel), Hop Whallop (Winter seasonal double IPA), Hop Devil (american IPA), Prima Pils (A pilsner, yes I know but trust me try it)

2. Smutty Robust Porter - Smuttynose *
NH brewery, incredible fresh beers, not sure if they are out here yet, again if you find it I need it. Also try their IPA if you find it.

3. Shakespeare Stout - Rogue
Brewery up in Oregon, see it all over the place out here, great brew, try their chocolate stout as well

4. Imperial Stout - Stone
*Warning* this beer is intense, may want to try some other extreme stouts before trying this bad boy out

5. Old Rasputin Russian imperial stout - Northcoast
Find if all over the place out here, comes in a 4 pack, take it home and drink it, delicious!

6. Sierra Nevada Porter - Sierra Nevada brewing co
Seasonal you can find all over the place, my go to winter beer.

When your ready for the next step, IPA, Double IPA, Imperial IPA's let me know. I have lots of suggestions for those. And after that we can move onto the Belgian beers, some nice Strong Belgian Dark brews.

Here are a couple links to the top rated beeradvocate.com stouts,

American Stouts: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers?this_cId=&this_style=&cId=&style=158

Russian Imperial Stouts: http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers?this_cId=&this_style=158&cId=&style=84

Enjoy and drink responsibly. :)

PS
Don't forget proper glassware is key!!!

Ops, almost forgot the most intense Stout there is:

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout: Probably about $15-20 a bottle, 12 ounce bottle at that. 20% alcohol, something to sip on very very very slowly. The brew changes every year as it's a limited seasonal run, some years are better than others but worth a try to sample the super extreme side of beer.

Best stout I've had was made by Jim, the owner of the brewing supply store that used to be on Marina in San Leandro.

Homebrewing is the perfect hobby for any reefers that need more stuff to do and more stuff on which to spend money :D

It can be as techie or not, as you prefer, just like reefing :D

This thread, the Ramen thread, the "health" food thread, and the good places to eat around Burlingame thread should be moved into that new Food Forum..... :X wheres the food forum? :p

Food Forum? You're typing in it! Don't let the name fool you.

Eutrophic Zone is a polymorphic self modifying forum that takes on the characteristics of whatever topics percolate up through the collective consciousness of its participants.

This is also the Beer Forum and the Modded Mustang Forum if those threads happen to get bumped to the top :D

Yuengling (however it's spelt) :) was never available north of Connecticut... I'm slacking out here not trying it yet, I'm gonna go out and get me some this weekend.

badbread said:
Ops, almost forgot the most intense Stout there is:

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout: Probably about $15-20 a bottle, 12 ounce bottle at that. 20% alcohol, something to sip on very very very slowly. The brew changes every year as it's a limited seasonal run, some years are better than others but worth a try to sample the super extreme side of beer.
+100 :) good stuff

Erick said:
This thread, the Ramen thread, the "health" food thread, and the good places to eat around Burlingame thread should be moved into that new Food Forum..... :X wheres the food forum? :p

+100

All these good food/beer items will fall prey to random off topic threads like dead Yahoo news links!!!!

We need a food forum.. please :D

Back