Kessil

beginner gorgonians?

are there any form of gorgonians out there for beginners?
i never had one before and I've always wanted one.
im looking for some truly photosynthetic ones.
does anyone know where i can get them at?

There are several purple with brown polyps and brown with brown polyps that are quite easy...

They do seem to like lots of flow and decent (med) lighting though.

Check the Live Aquaria website. They have an gorgonian/sea fan category and there are several list that are quite easy. Just read the specs on each variety.

-Gregory

Are there any LFS in the SF area that carry gorgonians? or anyone that has a frag of it?
gorgonians are so pretty but PITA to find

No charge. I'll start them as DBTS corals. I don't beleive there are any gorgonians in the program at this time (at least none I've seen).

One is purple with brown polyps and ribbon like. Very hardy.

The other is white/silver and very tree like. It has VERY small brown polyps that come out between overlapping scales. I also think this one is not entirely photosynthetic. It wasn't really doing well until I start using RN Oyster Feast and Phyto Feast on a nightly basis. I think it's the phyto it craves (most NPS gorgonians eat phytoplankton if I remember correctly). Unfortunatly it's a very slow growerand a little delicate.

-Gregory

Purple ribbon gorgonian does well. There might be some floating around in the club. I've put it into frag swaps before. I don't have mine anymore though.

Mr. Ugly said:
Purple ribbon gorgonian does well. There might be some floating around in the club. I've put it into frag swaps before. I don't have mine anymore though.

That and candelabrum (Eunicea Lamouroux) are about the easiest photosynthic gorgs out there.

This is the one I had.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+601+608&pcatid=608&cmpid=13csegb&ref=6092&subref=AA&CAWELAID=560505222

I got it from Newreeflady/Angela, who got it from Live Aquaria.

Up for almost anything really that isn't fast food... part time.
currently at an on call right now which means unsteady income.

Back