Cali Kid Corals

Bennett’s 57G Rimless

I have your bird of paradise from the swap if you want that back... or I can set up an order for you like we talked about.

I have been slowly recovering from my tank crash. I have decided to move in a different direction with the lighting, switching from 2x150w MH + 4 T5 back to 6 bulbs T5. I am switching back to T5 because of 2 reasons. First, the coral coloration was a lot better when I ran my previous 6 bulb T5 configuration versus the MH fixture. Second, my electricity bills were close to $200 a month. I purchased a used Tek Elite fixture and will be using 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aqua Blue Special, and 1 ATI Purple Plus. After seeing the ReefBrite on Arnold’s tank during the tank tour, I will also be adding 1 strip of blue ReefBrite to the mix.

Luckily, some of the LPS and zoas survived the crash. I was able to restock the tank with some of my corals from my frag tank. I was also able to find some someone who was selling a lot of the SPS that I lost to the crash. The goal is to have the SPS sticks at the top of the tank. LPS and Softies will be in the mid-level and bottom of the tank.

I have been having nightmares about another tank crash. I ditched the old float switch for a Tunze ATO system.

Pictures to come.

I too have nightmares about tank crashes.. or near tank crashes. Some of the nightmares are of tanks that aren't any tanks I've seen in my life.

I hope things get back on track soon!

I too have nightmares about tank crashes.. or near tank crashes. Some of the nightmares are of tanks that aren't any tanks I've seen in my life.

I hope things get back on track soon!
Reef keeping in another universe while sleeping? I didn't know other people did that too...

The T-5 lighting has been running for about a month now. Corals are doing great. For my photo period: (2) blue+ from 1 PM to 10 PM, (2) blue+ (1) Aquablue Special (1) Purple+ from 3 PM to 8 PM. Seems pretty good so far. I also added a blue Reefbrite strip and wow, what a beast. The Reefbrite added some serious pop to the corals, especially the LPS, without bluing up the rocks.

Since it’s almost like a fresh start, I decided to add some of the oldies SPS corals that I always wanted.
• Miyagi tort
• Raspberry lemonade Nasuta
• Pink lemonade
• ATL shades of fall
• ORA Miami Orchid
• Cali Tort
• Tri-color Acro

I also went a little crazy on LPS.
• Tyree Pink Watermelon Chalice
• Pink Boobies Chalice
• Cornbred Flamming Bugatti Chalice
• Cornbred Rainbow Crush Chalice
• Cornbred Crazy Clown Chalice
• My Miami Chalice
• 4-color Watermelon Chalice
• Bazooka Joe Chalice

Here is the current FTS (excuse the quality from my Android)
2e49c8o.jpg

Back