Berghia Nudibranch (die aiptasia)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by bluprntguy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

I think I'm going to buy a few berghia nudibranchs and eggs from "reeftown" to eradicate my aiptasia. If anyone wants to piggyback the order, we can split the shipping. I was planning to order tomorrow, since it looks like they ship on Wednesdays. I live/work in SF.

Shoot me a PM if interested. Berghia prices here: (http://reeftown.com/berghia-nudibranchs)

2. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Did you buy them? Did they work? I bought several last year when I had a tank explosion of aiptasia and I don't think they even ate one.

3. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

So ... did you buy them? Did they work for you? They were a waste of money for me, but some people have good luck with them and in fact have them breed in their tank. Mine melted or were picked off.

Seriously, if I ever get them again, I'll just put an infested rock in it's own tank with absolutely nothing else and let them live in that tank, and swap in and out infested rocks until they grow in population and then put some in the main tank. Otherwise ... might as well throw your money away.

V

4. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

I did buy them, but I had quite a bit of tank trauma after putting them in, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make it. Apparently you are supposed to keep them in a container for a few weeks while they grow. I didn't do this.