Berghia Nudibranch Group Buy

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by fishdoctor, Jan 10, 2019.

1. fishdoctor

fishdoctor Sponsor Staff Member

Happy Thursday all.
    I am planning to order Berghia again next week and would like to offer up a group buy if anyone needs any.
    I will offer up at my cost and I am aiming for 25+ to get free shipping.
    Best deal on Aiptasia control period!
    Cut off date is 1/15 so I can order and receive on Thursday 1/17.
    These will need to be picked up at my warehouse on Thursday or Friday afternoon or evening.
    Thank you and happy reefing all.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

If anyone needs aiptasia to keep these alive, grow them out, etc, just holler at me I can hook you up :D

3. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Supporting Member

I bought 15 of them, excitedly watched them for two days then they all disappeared. I blame a 6 line wrasse in my tank, but man, what a waste for me.

Make sure you have no nudi-eating bastards in your tank. It really made me sad. Little b*astard.

Over the past two decades, I'be bought them 3 times, probably costing me $300 by now. I just can't keep them alive.

In retrospect, I should have put them in a separate tank, then moved rocks into that tank for cleaning (and possible egg laying) instead of allowing them in a fish filled environment.

Something to think about if you have possibly predatory fish.

V

Coral reefer likes this.
  4. fishdoctor

Very good point the way these will work best for you is if you add them to a tank with zero WRASSE or predators that and add them when the lights go off so they have a chance to find a hiding spot before the fish see them as well if you put them in a small 10 gallon tank and cycle rock into that tank they will find a food source quicker and clean the rock without predators. I buy these about every six months and put them in tanks with aiptasia, sometimes they don’t get all the aiptasia on the first round and I have to add more. Once the aiptasia is gone these guys disappear since aiptasia is the only food source.

I just heard back and I will not be receiving them next week due to no shipping from reef town I will get them the following week.

5. JVU

JVU BOD

I just got my order of 23 Berghia from Reef Town this week, arrived healthy looking, well-packed, great service from Captain Jeff. Followed the acclimation and introduction instructions very carefully.

Once in, I can’t see them at all in my tank. Not even 1. If anyone has suggestions of how to see them let me know. I know they hunt at night, but I can’t see them at night either.

I hope they thrive, but it’s very hard to tell, since you can’t see them (or at least I can’t) so you have no idea if they are all dead or reproducing like mad. They apparently can take several months to reproduce and start affecting your Aiptasia noticeably, meanwhile the Aiptasia is spreading... so there is a lot of faith and patience involved. I had ordered a too-small amount 6 months ago that made a tiny dent in the Aiptasia population before apparently disappearing.

I shortened my light period to give them more dark time, decreased my flow some since they seem pretty fragile, and don’t have any of the well-known predators. If anyone has other suggestions for maximizing their success in-tank, let me know.

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

How did you decide on 23?

7. JVU

JVU BOD

The "logic" went like this-
    - Last time I skimped and bought way fewer than recommended thinking they would either multiply or not. It didn’t work so I wanted to give it a fair try this time.
    - He recommends 1 nudi/10g. So for my size, it would be 16-20 depending on if you count sump and/or discount rock displacement.
    - He mentioned that he does free shipping if your order totals more than $200, which works out to 21 medium size slugs.
    - The price of each goes down a little at 23, so I got 23 for just a little more than the cost of 21.

8. fishdoctor

Berghia arrive tomorrow 1/31 and I will have about 10 available if anyone is interested price will be 5 for $60 or 10 for $100 I can deliver to you at CFM show on 1/9
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk