Kessil

BEST DAY EVAR! :D

Eight said:
I think it is more interesting to watch Matthew watch spawning clownfish than to watch spawning clownfish. :D

I ended up doing that. Here's the video! :bigsmile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkM36m7G8os

Congrats on your success so far. nice video too, don't get too excited as I doubt any will be alive, even in they're fertile since there is so much required for that. My clowns regularly spawn and I'm happy they keep spawning every 3 weeks or so which to me means they're healthy and happy.

Are you going to keep a 'bristleworm watch' to keep the midnight and early morning bristleworms from attacking the eggs?......(just kidding)

It's OK if these eggs don't make it, but hopefully they will. If the clowns start to spawn regularly, then I might set up a rearing tank and a rotifer culture and try to raise a batch or two. :)

I can't believe I wasted $5 on a pot and tiles just for them to spawn on the rock! :|

LOL.... Congrats Matt! Nice video too....I couldnt help from LMAO on how excited you are but its all good.....My GF said I sound like that when I find something new in my tank :bigsmile: Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :)

Doesn't look like they're being eaten anymore. The male is sleeping on the eggs, fanning them, and discarding bad ones, and the female is sleeping in the RBTA (she normally sleeps in the GBTA). There are about 150 eggs once the bad ones were discarded. I think the may very well be fertilized since the clownfish are paying so much attention to them and protecting them. :bigsmile:

Well if they start a routine of spawning every 2 weeks like most breeding Ocellaris pairs do, then hopefully I can raise a few batches for the pure enjoyment and experience. :)

Congratulations Mathew. I am glad you are getting some of the return in joy you were hoping from the hobby. Who knew you could talk so much. Oh yeah, don't quit your day job just yet. ;)

Sweet video matthew, and yeah raising fish is kinda hard but heres a good site to learn alot about raising clownfish.
http://www.breedclownfish.com/

Thanks! I read the part about preparation for fry, and if the eggs actually do start to develop then I might start preparing a 2 rearing tanks and I'll order some rotifers to start a culture, but I'll have to see what happens with the eggs first.

slim_jim989 said:
lol barry white that always sets the mood, but matthew dont forget you have to culture phytoplankton also which is the food for the roftiers.

If I can culture rotifers, then I could probably culture phytoplankton. The male is still fanning the eggs this morning and doing stuff to them. :)

EDIT: Is it normal that the female helps the male while taking care of the eggs?

Back