Our mission

Best Heater?

The best heater is one that is used on an external controller :-D

Seriously. Controlled heaters are the way to go. From there, the brands don't play that big of a role.

Coral reefer said:
And what is the problem with rkl?

I had the RKE initially and it could not hold a stable temp. The temp probe was not accurate, it would report the temp as 78 when it was actually 70 and the chiller would still be running. All around it was buggy and unstable. I also didn't like that each component had to be updated separately with a USB connection.

I returned the RKE and got an Apex from neptune. Very solid system, not once have I had an issue with it. Its got full remote access, only one base module, it can be updated over the net and has better add-ons, the WXM for controller vortechs, VDM for controlling LED lights (my next upgrade).

Don't take my word for it ask seminolecpa.

Temp is one of the few things that I have been able to get out of my controller. My ballest was causing probs but still having issues with PH and a few other things. They are slowly (slowly being the key word) fiking the issues.

OK, now that Bryan mentioned that I have a controller, I really need to find a way to program my RKL. I've tried a few times, without success. New Year resolution: finally set up the controller to keep temp stable!

seminolecpa said:
FWIW I have 2 temp probes on my system and they both seem to be fine. Think 99sf has a RKL, not sure who else.

I have two running currently, both seem stable to me and report the same temps as the chillers.

99sf said:
OK, now that Bryan mentioned that I have a controller, I really need to find a way to program my RKL. I've tried a few times, without success. New Year resolution: finally set up the controller to keep temp stable!

I used these directions when I use to have a RKL. It should cover the basics. :)

Back