got ethical husbandry?

Best places to buy corals on the internet?

Hi Everyone,

Being new to the hobby, I am looking for recommendations on where to purchase corals.

Is there a list of online retailers or hobbyists?

Does anyone in the club sell frags?

Any tips would be appreciated.

-Sam

Online I buy from Scott at unique corals or I will sometimes buy from world wide corals. Most come from a few members here and a lot of members on other boards. It's nice seeing the specimen in person. Check craigslist as well for garage shops that carry some nice stuff.

Just like Trigger said Im a fan of seeing it in person. I haven't ordered anything online in a long time. Nice to keep it local if you can

Our local stores have just as good of prices and selection, if not better, than most of the online retailers. Plus you get to see the corals in person and not have to pay $50 in overnight shipping and be home some day during the week to sign for the package. Is there some reason you want to order online? I only ever order online on occasion for things that are uncommon and I absolutely can't find locally.

I do like and enjoy going to my LFS. However, I'm also the father of 4 kids with many activities. So I don't always have time.

Plus, I don't always want to window shop. A perfect example of this is that when I first setup my tank and was waiting for it to cycle. I was researching corals. I saw the rasta zoas in a Neptune Aquatics display tank. And have really wanted to add this to my tank. However, I haven't been able to find it local to me and yet I find them easily available online.

And speaking of wanting specific things, I'm being super picky right now and I still manage to find it all locally. I just ask around on BAR and make a few quick phone calls to the stores so that I can just pop in and pick up what I want instead of driving all over looking for it.

And speaking of wanting specific things, I'm being super picky right now and I still manage to find it all locally. I just ask around on BAR and make a few quick phone calls to the stores so that I can just pop in and pick up what I want instead of driving all over looking for it.

I guess once I'm a little more experienced I will have a better understanding.

I am glad to be a member of BAR you and the other members have been very welcoming and helpful in answering my questions and sharing knowledge.

Back