Reef nutrition

Best Way To Remove a little Aiptasia?

got like 2 baby aiptasia Id like to make extinct in my tank.

Any tips that actually work against them? I do have a lil kalkwasser i think i could use.

Let me know if you have good tips. Or i could just throw the rock out
I've tried injecting with distilled vinegar using insulin syringe. It worked. I haven't seen any yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got like 2 baby aiptasia Id like to make extinct in my tank.

Any tips that actually work against them? I do have a lil kalkwasser i think i could use.

Let me know if you have good tips. Or i could just throw the rock out
I us supper glue but lately Iv been using coral putty that u us to glue frags down. Just take a little glob and glob it over the aiptasia so it's completely covered is works for me every time without getting an outbreak. I bet u can try kalkwasser and after that then glue them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done anything yet. Tank is on autopilot right now after I just did a 20 % water change two weeks in a row.

I've been watching them though. They're slow growing and there's 3 of them. I really should remove them but got no time.

only 3? kalk them and them cover in putty. I just got a file fish....want to see what it does or does not to mine.

Found a decent size one and one much smaller one.

Did a water change and used some Red Sea Aiptasia-X on both of them earlier today. Never used it before so mostly for testing purposes since I can't remove the rock and cold chisel them off.

I've had limited success with kalk/putty covering if you recognize hitch-hikers on a frag or right when they arrive. I've had good luck with peppermint shrimp, though they eventually seem to prefer eating my LPS or Acans over pests.

No signs of either of the Aiptasias that I squirted with Aiptasia-X yesterday. Will wait and see if they pop up again in the same spot or anywhere else in the tank.

Last edited:
Good luck, my experience is that the aiptasia do in fact wither down and seem to die, but within a few weeks they grow back. Now not sure if that's the same aiptasia that regenerated or new ones from elsewhere, but yeah... I hate the buggers!

Back