Kessil

Beware of a local Vallejo scammer/thief known as "bat08man11@yahoo.com"

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
This guy also known as James Tobinas made a purchase for a Kessil A150 light and an MP10 totaling over $500 which he made payment using PayPal and then once he receive them, filed a chargeback on us. PayPal unfortunately let this happen because we sent the packages to his address which was unconfirmed by PayPal. Apparently, with this loop hole, PayPal will only protect the buyer, not the seller....even with proof of delivery. It's kinda lame that PayPal knew about this for some time now but yet, they continue to let it happen on a daily basis. Lame!

Anyway, learn from us, avoid doing business with an unconfirmed PayPal account if you can't trust the buyer!

BTW...this thief frequents all the local club's forums and local RC sub forum so be careful.

robert4025 said:
This guy also known as James Tobinas made a purchase for a Kessil A150 light and an MP10 totaling over $500 which he made payment using PayPal and then once he receive them, filed a chargeback on us. PayPal unfortunately let this happen because we sent the packages to his address which was unconfirmed by PayPal. Apparently, with this loop hole, PayPal will only protect the buyer, not the seller....even with proof of delivery. It's kinda lame that PayPal knew about this for some time now but yet, they continue to let it happen on a daily basis. Lame!

Anyway, learn from us, avoid doing business with an unconfirmed PayPal account if you can't trust the buyer!

BTW...this thief frequents all the local club's forums and local RC sub forum so be careful.

Sorry to here that! |( The same exact thing has happen to me, I no longer ship anything thru EBAY/PAYPAL without confirmed accounts. Its a stupid loophole that shouldnt exist. Karma is %&'#!

That sucks Robert. But it looks like you have some people trying to track him down on RC. Have you filed a police report?

Hell if anything, I would think that if you could get a picture of his ad on RC (which they apparently removed) and combined with your paypal receipt you could argue with paypal that he did in fact receive said goods because here he is turning around and selling them.

I'd also email the guy and kindly let him know that you do have his address, and there are a lot of angry people who would back you up in a matter like this. (without getting specific at all... for legal reasons :D) I mean it would be one thing if he's in BF, Iowa or something, but really you going to shit in your own backyard and not hope to step in it?

Yea, it's pretty dumb to have an address so close by. Either he's a complete idiot or the address is a drop site/empty home.

Hope it all works out Robert. Let me know if I can help!

Robert - Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately it's the mindless acts of yahoos like this that ultimately affect all of us.

sfsuphysics said:
but really you going to shit in your own backyard and not hope to step in it?

What's really funny is there is a thread on RC about a Sac area group heading out here this weekend to visit some LFS. This guy (at least I think it was him - I can't find his second RC ID he had now) posted to that thread asking what shops they were going to visit. The very next post was "Neptune!!!!!!!!!!". He's about to step in it...

~Charle

LOL...I saw that thread Charlie. That's was funny.

What I don't get is who in their right mind would stoop that low in life...especially when it's a family man. That's theft! I mean is that the moral he's passing on to his kid? what a shame.

Its just the way people are Robert, no sense trying to wrap your mind around it. My in-laws deal with that kind of crap on their farm all the time. In the middle of the night trucks drive right into the fields and fill up on stuff like it's all free, and looking at muddy foot prints, it's not just adult shoes but you see lots of little kid shoes, like it's a whole family affair to go stealing. Now these are always "money crops" as opposed to "food crops", so your pumpkins or your water melons, etc. So while I could see a starving family wanting food, I can't excuse stealing just to end up selling on random street corners to make a quick buck, you need money? Hell we'll hire you to work the farm during the day! (but they probably won't make anywhere close to what they make by stealing and reselling)

Seems like ur shops a prime target in the south bay Robert. Maybe it's time to step up security. I'll work for corals and equipment as security guard and bring 2 pit bulls with me! I shoot first tho.....lol!

Yes, it seems the news is full of PayPal scams like that. Buyers completely abuse it, and PayPal does nothing.
And I have noticed a few small companies are now no longer using them, and that trend will probably continue.
Pity, because it seemed a great idea.

I "read on the internet" that some debt collection agencies are gearing up for that, since it is getting so common.
Something to consider, if it really exists.

Back