Our mission

BH100 Reef Octopus Setup

Nav

I just got my BH-100 and finish setting it up (for those of you planning to get one, make sure you have a bigger tank... the Aquatrance 1000 motor is pretty bulky for my 29g).

I know this might take a couple days/weeks to break in but I have two questions:

1. The air silencer... do it let it just hang in air, or i see it fit right into the return pipe's top... do I stick it in? will that make any difference?

2. The collection cup level... I know I gotta keep adjusting it till I get the sweet spot but I'm wondering where the top of the froth should stay for it to collect the dirt.. is it A, B or C from below image?

My concern is that when try with A, nothing gets collected. B or C both overflows the collection cup in a few hours :(

yru3yda7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Navdeep

If your tanks pretty new/clean, you'll probably want Diagram A. Over time as the water gets dirtier, it'll naturally get higher and higher to the point that the rich stuff will be collected in the collection cup.

You'll definitely want to keep an eye on things as the weeks progress.

Thanks denzil. Yea, my tank is very new and not a lot of dirt. Never know the foam level rises when it gets dirtier.

Hopefully when it breaks in and when the tank gets dirty, it will start collecting the dirt.

Just eager to see the skimmer at work since I just got it.

Here's how I've set it now...

yjapy7ys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Navdeep

Back