Kessil

Black Friday sales...what did you get?

Officially purchased:

AquariumSpecialty:
  1. Icecap Gyre Battery Backup (on sale, AquariumSpecialty has them in stock, no tax)
  2. Got a 6" line of 1/2" locline (had to get up past the free $99 shipping)
MarineDepot:
  • AquaUV 8watt UV w/ wiper (cheaper than anywhere else, even with tax).
Decided to get a dedicated UV that I can just attach inline with everything else, and turn it on/off when I need. The wiper function is awesome, don't need to disassemble to get it cleaned up.

I know people usually don't need UV (I never did in the past), but my tanks had issues =P

The wiper had tendency to leak so watch out for that. Happen on my 40w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crap don't know why I said Ian, I meant Eric. This is what I get with juggling breakfast and trying to stay up to date with my latest fish keeping homies! :D

(going to edit that post so it looks less silly :D)

Actually now that I think of it, I think I know why I said Ian, because b and a are a letter a part and a little brain dyslexia kicks in to push me over the edge.

Haha, nice recovery there.

I did speak to Ian earlier today and a new tank is a possibility for him, but it would be next year at the earliest, after his office gets remodeled.

Crap, I didn't need to buy more, but I did.

For longer trips, I need my RO/DI to auto fill my reservoir. Right now I manually open up a ball valve to trigger the RO/DI shutoff to start filling my reservoir. It has a mechanical float valve that stops it, but I'll also close up the ball valve. I do this about once a week (5 gallon of evap). I have a low water level sensor that sends my Apex app an alarm, so I go and fill it back up. But if I'm away, I think I'll just program the Solenoid to take the place of the ball valve, and have both a high level sensor as well as the mech float valve fill it up. So since there's a nice 10% off sale:
Neptune FMM (another one)
Neptune Solenoid + power supply
Neptune OS-1M (another level sensor)

Then PremiumAquatics has a 30% off sale on VarioS pumps, so decided to pickup a spare return pump. Never going to get a better deal, and it's always safer to have a spare return pump ready to go. I topped it off with more AquaForest Reef Salt as well ($39 for 22kg vs. the usual $50+!).

OK, I'm poor. Need to save up for actual xmas gifts for others!

My AT Bubblemaster 250 has been currently running on a single Sicce psk2500 pump, been dragging my feet on a replacement. new skimmer or replace the pump, kind of leaning towards just replacing with a Varios DC pump, then I can tune it to whatever I need, I mean it's a good sized skimmer body, and $700-1000 for a new skimmer vs 250 for a pump... hard choices.

Some guy was willing to sell A Bubble King Super Marin 300 for like 600, very tempted but older style pump and just too mmuch skimmer for my tank

I have the Varios 4S with my Reef Octopus 170INT and am generally happy with it. I did have to replace the pump a year ago but the current Varios models are much better than the original version; better build and much better controller. The Bubblemaster is a good skimmer body, just get a better pump.

Yep, tank is 6-8 weeks out, but is paid in full. I need to get working on the stand skinning and then figure out what goes in it. The stand is 5" wider and 3" deeper than the tank. Right side will be sectioned off for the electronics. I need to get the stand up so that I can measure out the leftover space so that I can build the sump.

Back