Black Nylon Screws, where?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by xcaret, Feb 27, 2017.

1. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Hello

Have a small project of fixing some equipment; Where would I go to buy some black nylon screws? I'm in need of six 3/8" thread I believe; I've looked some hardware shops and they have white only.

Thanks

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I can't think of anywhere locally. Prime is one of my best friends for stuff like that.

3. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

As in Amazon?

4. sjbro

sjbro Guest

I bought white ones for a DIY reactor a while back from Grainger. You can check their site & buy it local.

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Yes.

I was thinking possibly Fastenal too but stirred like that usually don't stock that sort of thing. They'd get it shipped from their warehouse which would take just as long as getting it shipped to your door with Amazon and it saves you a trip.

6. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Got it; I just don't like amazon, they burned me on a couple fishing rods a while back, right before Shimano took over G.Loomis.
    But the wife is happy with them, so happy that every time a see a package from amazon I just nod.

7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I've placed thousands of orders through Amazon and have had less than 5 problems all of which were resolved.

Newjack and RandyC like this.
  8. RandyC

RandyC Guest

Same here. Customer service for me has been very responsive and helpful the few times I had to contact them.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

you can get white ones at home depot, they may not have them at your particular store but they ship for free to the store and you can pick up that way (assuming you don't need it now)

10. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

Tap plastics is another possibility. Not sure about nylon specifically, but I have purchased plastic screws there.

xcaret likes this.
  11. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Stopped at Grainger in SF today, they are gone...
    I'll check TAP, forgot about them; been a while since I stopped there.
    Trying to avoid white since the fixture is all black and to quote Mike, will look "fugly"...

12. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Busy morning today; registration expired... plainly forgot plus smog check is due uuuugh!
    My kid's flute lost a ity-bity-tiny screw, off to a jewelry store see if they have one; it's pretty f'n tiny.

13. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

you may want to try using the plain white nylon screws and paint them black with kryon plastickote spray paint.

14. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Think I found the source for replacement; did not think at first of asking the equipment manufacturer for spare parts...

Coral reefer likes this.
  15. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Missing parts were sent from the manufacturer, free of charge; that's great customer care!

Coral reefer likes this.