High Tide Aquatics

Blazing Purple and Green Favia

This is a stunning coral that I'm reluctantly fragging. The color is the best of any favia I've seen in a long time and it's very hearty. WARNING! Once the colony reaches the size shown below, the sweepers can extend 3 1/2" from the colony. I've had it residing at the top of my reef with the acros which was not working out!!!!! I placed it there to confirm that favia loves lots of light but then this morning I saw the long sweepers extended and "reaching out to touch someone".

A great addition to any tank that will allow placement at least 3 or 4" from other corals. I'll post more pics including of the sweepers very soon. Sawing is scheduled for today and will produce 4 nice frags.
P1010231.jpg

Step right up for delivery at the BOD meeting on Saturday or p/u in San Carlos anytime.

melly mel said:
Me please!

#1 eldiablosrt8, Jess
#2 melly mel, Rommel (not The Desert Fox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel )
#3 ??
#4 ??

The first image is a flash-bleached (neutralized the lovely purple) image before the lights came on but after it retracted about 2" of sweeper. Look closely.....this guy knows how to feed! Second shot is at 3 PM under full light and still not showing the purple as nice as it is.
P1010389.jpg

P1010396.jpg

DANG IT! I forgot its my nephews bday party on sat at 12! Thanks John but you can pass the frag on to another lucky member. I can wait until next round.

melly mel said:
DANG IT! I forgot its my nephews bday party on sat at 12! Thanks John but you can pass the frag on to another lucky member. I can wait until next round.
How far away do you live? Maybe in the next week we can connect at your place or mine. Whatever works for you if you 'd like it. Sawing went fine today, I'll post pics soon.

I live 5 minutes away from aquarium showroom, quite a ways from chabot. I plan on headin up to san mateo in a week or 2. Maybe we can hook up then? Are you near their?

ryanjiang said:
Nice piece John! I would like to give it a try. I could pick up at your house.
Sounds good, Ryan. Let me know when you can come by. They are ready now. :)

#1 eldiablosrt8, Jess
#2 melly mel, Rommel (not The Desert Fox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel )
#3 ryanjiang, Ryan
#4 ??

melly mel said:
I live 5 minutes away from aquarium showroom, quite a ways from chabot. I plan on headin up to san mateo in a week or 2. Maybe we can hook up then? Are you near their?
You bet. I'm two towns south of San Mateo. That would work out fine.

One more frag for the choosing.........
If I don't hear from anyone sooner, I'll likely bring it to the BOD meeting for "first come, first serve" of the last frag......
Ryan, let me know when you can swing by for your frag. PM sent

They'd had mine for one week and had 3 left several days ago. Call 'em up......however, I have yet to see it eat despite it's healthy shape and appearance. I feed such a variety of treats including live Tigger Pods that it is baffling me. No evidence of eating aptasia yet. It does hold it's own quite well in the tank now and fit's in the community pretty well. I hope it's eathing something. BTW, none of the LPS looks nibbled on either. :O It is a friendly sort and comes up real close for photo sessions. Sometimes when I'm closely inspecting the tank with my magnifying visor, he looms into my vision eyeball to eyeball. Almost a little startling!

Cant wait to get this frag! Looks awesome! John, was that the largest CB out of the 4 that max had? I remember looking at them 2 weeks ago and the largest one was nice!

I chose one of the smaller ones. He had two that were a bit larger but fewer stripes and two the size and coloration of mine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and being hopeful. I've offered it a pretty cool little place to live and it's quite interested in everything that is going on in the tank. Lots of inspections going on.........

Back