High Tide Aquatics

Bleaching monti

Hi All,

Well, I used Revive yesterday on the corals.
Don't have quarantine tank, so it went to my tank.
I had not problems with the other type of corals, but the monti.
It was Jon's monti.
According to him, I should place it high on my tank, so I placed it the highest place I could get.
Throughtout the light cycle I started noticing bleaching of it.
Now, would this bleaching be caused by too long on the solution or because too much light or just stress in general from being moved around?
Does the bleading of a coral happen that fast? It was a matter of a couple hours and it was fairly white.
I then decide to place it lower in the tank. Should I still keep it high even if it is bleached?

Thanks,
Roberto.

The dip might have bleached it.
Could be stress. My tank is very stable.
I had it under HO-T5 2 inches under them
Let me know how it goes.
Jon

newhobby said:
Hi All,

Well, I used Revive yesterday on the corals.
Don't have quarantine tank, so it went to my tank.
I had not problems with the other type of corals, but the monti.
It was Jon's monti.
According to him, I should place it high on my tank, so I placed it the highest place I could get.
Throughtout the light cycle I started noticing bleaching of it.
Now, would this bleaching be caused by too long on the solution or because too much light or just stress in general from being moved around?
Does the bleading of a coral happen that fast? It was a matter of a couple hours and it was fairly white.
I then decide to place it lower in the tank. Should I still keep it high even if it is bleached?

Thanks,
Roberto.

You mentioned that your FAD is bleached as well, I have a feeling that there are other issues as well that are affecting things.

tuberider said:
You mentioned that your FAD is bleached as well, I have a feeling that there are other issues as well that are affecting things.
The FAD was like that when I got from Eric already.
The monti has bleached on the tissue, but the polyps are still the same, very purple. If that means anything.
If it was the dip, how long should it last?

Back