got ethical husbandry?

Blonde Naso tang, dark grey?

I just bought a blonde naso from Live Aquaria and it was a very dark almost black color when I first got it 4 days ago. The next day it lightened up considerably to a grey color and it's stayed that color so far. Is that normal for them do go through this color change from stress? If so how long does it typically last?

Marc

Very normal. My tangs change color often. Stress turns them black. I have a light grey Epaulette tang and it has quite a range of color during the day.

I have never had a Naso, but I like them. Congrats on the new fish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. My tank is 6' long 120 gal. This fish has been swimming nonstop back and forth against the back glass since I got him on Tuesday but today he's been cruising around the rest of the rocks looking over the whole tank. He's a little bit lighter color now too. Hopefully the colors come out to where it looks like the pictures I've seen.

Marc

Thank you and I do plan to move up to a much larger tank in October next year. Right now this fish is almost exactly 3" long. I have lots of space for a huge tank and I don't mind the extra work or maintenance I just can't spend anymore money on this for awhile.

Right now I think my next upgrade will be 3 Kessil 360W's to replace my cheap LED's I got from ebay. Next year I'll be able to get a new tank, sump and stand then move all of this rock and livestock into it. That's what I'd like to do anyway unless it turns out to be a bad idea.

Marc

Back