Kessil

Blue clove polyps

only 1 avail for BOD meeting, standard DBTC rules apply. pick #1-10

IMG_6852.jpg

I had them at the bottom on the sand even, so low light/med light should work, they did'nt mind high flow but will be ok in low/med as well.

Sergio

[quote author=Ocean Treasures Aquarium link=topic=6839.msg88446#msg88446 date=1237012696]
Blue Clove Polyps are running a muck all over my tank. I have a maxi jet covered with them which looks pretty cool!
Once they get going you will have blue rocks!
[/quote]

Cool...so they are fast growing, huh? Are they as invasive as GSP? I like GSP btw. :) What other corals are they related to?

they grew fast in my tank. as a matter of fact, i bought a 10 frag from ota a couple years ago. they don't sting zoas, not sure about other corals.

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6839.msg88448#msg88448 date=1237012939]
Cool...so they are fast growing, huh? Are they as invasive as GSP? I like GSP btw. :)
[/quote]

They're more invasive! Because with GSP that grows outward from it's location, with these blue polyps they'll pop up at random places around the tank, I'm not sure if some of the polyps detatch or if they actually just breed into the water column, but I have them popping up on just about every surface.

LOL ;) No wonder no one else asked for them. :D I still like them though...but ask me again in a couple months ;)

Sergio, what is the dark encrusting coral on the rock with the polyps?

Yes they are invasive. They will start showing up all over the place :) I had a dbtc for them long time ago. hahaha THey were hot back then though. Still very cool... Good Luck with them Sherrie...

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=6839.msg88647#msg88647 date=1237098538]
Yes they are invasive. They will start showing up all over the place :) I had a dbtc for them long time ago. hahaha THey were hot back then though. Still very cool... Good Luck with them Sherrie...
[/quote]

Thanks...I think? ;D

Very cool...Will it do alright in med light, or should I cut it off and put it in with my MH?

The color right now is almost black/red, will it change color?

Back