Our mission

Blue Green Tenuis

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Ok, since Phong asked about frags :D

DSCN1639.jpg

I can make 2 frags of of this blue and green A. tenuis. This one originally came from Pam at the last Mars frag swap that was at her house(2005?). It was one of my first Acroporas, and I've fragged this one a few times by now.

Neat looking polyp extension. Some people were by last month and thought it was a Chip's Acro.

I'm blasting this one with a 250w 20k Radium. The coral is under about an inch of water, with the light down very low. I started doing that in my prop tank after checking out what Hunter(Lucky Goldfish) was doing with his corals.

Who do I want to get this frag? LMK if:

- you are a BAR, MARS, SEABay, CVR, NVR, RARE, etc member.
- you will post frags of your own cool(whatever that mean to you) coral on this forum for propping.
- you are good with SPS.
- you agree to frag to at least 1 other person for free before trading etc.
- you can pick it up from me at a BAR meeting or in Alameda.
- and preferably can post growth pics to this thread periodically.

I'll figure some way to pick a name. If your name doesn't get picked, maybe you can get one of the next batch/generation of frags? :)

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.45 meq
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.3
s.g. 1.025
temp 76 (which may be on the low side for this coral)

Well since I went through all that work of re-cataloging everyone's frags they've given... thanks Norman :p

I wouldn't mind a piece, unless i see you at the Rare2U swap (you there?) I don't know when I can pick it up, so feel free to hold for someone a little more closer.

Hehe... I was thinking about that. Phong.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=1959.msg18891#msg18891 date=1176762185]
Well since I went through all that work of re-cataloging everyone's frags they've given... thanks Norman :p[/quote]
Haha... yah, that inspired me to put more stuff in :D

Ok frags for Phong and Mike, and let me see if I can do more :D

Norman, please put my name on the list for the 2nd gen. I don't want to put anything new in the tank anytime soon until I know for sure I don't have any more FW :(
Thanks

Yap, got the frag from Norman and it is doing great in my tank. One thing I notice though is that the polyps are turning into purple in my tank.

My parameters are:
CA 500ppm
Alk 3.5meg
pH 8.5
sg 1.026
temp 80F

light 250W HM 14k Hamilton on a Custom Sealife magnetic ballast.

-perry

No problem Levi just let me know when, where and how you want to pick up the frag.

Hi Eric, just let me know if you're still interested on a frag of this.

Here is a pic of what I got from Perry. ... there isn't any green on it.... hope it was the right one? It's gorgeous none the less.
tenius.jpg

And here is the colony where that frag come from. Lighting could change the color. My tenius was at about 20" below my 400w 20K BLV metal halide.

D2X_1374.jpg

If I look at mine under only actinics it looks green and purple like Brian's pic here.
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1962.45

Back