Blue Ochtodes Macroalgae for Sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by FeliciaLynn, Nov 29, 2012.

1. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

The macros are currently growing in my display tank (I don't have a sump). They're in the back corner, so they get quite a bit of shade but still some light and they seem to really do well under the partial shade. I have a pretty intense light though, so they'd be fine in a sump with a less intense light fixture than my LEDs. Flow where they are is medium-low, but I had some in higher flow for a while and they were fine. They're really pretty hardy, so as long as the conditions aren't really extreme they should do fine.

2. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Yep, I'll be there. :)

3. Would love some - My son will be at the December meeting.

Bob and Bobby

4. FeliciaLynn

I think I have enough to bring a clump for you as well. I think I've pretty much got it all accounted for now though. Although, of course it grows pretty quickly, so if anyone wants some who hasn't spoken up yet, I'll have more in a few months.

5. pinner

pinner Volunteer

Ill take one also 8) if u can or put me on wait list for next time u trim

6. FeliciaLynn

Ok, I'm keeping a running list in order of who asked first. I'll bring as many golfball sized clumps of the macro as I can to the meeting and will sell it in the order people asked for it until I run out. Anyone who asked before I said I had it all sold will definitely get some. Anyone who asked after that will get some if I realize I have enough when I break it up for the meeting. Anyone who doesn't get some, I'll keep on a list for the next time it grows out a bunch.

7. magnetar68

magnetar68 Supporting Member

Please put me on the waiting list, thanks!

8. FeliciaLynn

9. FeliciaLynn

Hi everyone! I have some more blue ochtodes for sale that I can bring to the frag swap this weekend. A golfball-sized clump is $10 and you can either Paypal me or bring $10 to the swap. I know that a couple people didn't get some before I sold out last time so I'll give them priority if they want some. Pinner and Ray (magnetar68), let me know if you still want some. I only have 4 clumps for sale this time.

Oh, and I also have some red grape gracilaria if anyone wants some of that as well. Its $5 for a small clump.

10. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

Would this be something good in a sump?

11. FeliciaLynn

Yes, this would be good in the refugium section of a sump. It helps keep the water clean just like the other macro algaes. Its one of the prettier macros so its really nice in display fuges or even in your display tank too.

12. GDawson

GDawson Guest

This might be good addition to the DBTC program.

-Gregory

13. FeliciaLynn

I don't have a ton right now, but I'm starting to grow them out in my frag tank as well. Next time I have a bunch I'll put some up for DBTC.

As of right now I only have 2 clumps left.

14. FeliciaLynn

Ok, its all been claimed! I'll let you guys know when I have more in a couple months. See you all at the swap.

15. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

May I please have a clump too Felicia?? :)

16. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

Oh damn. I was reading the wrong posts. I'll claim some next time :D

17. FeliciaLynn

I'll put you on my list for next time it grows out so you can have first dibs :)

18. denzil

denzil Webmaster

My tank was in bad shape a while back so I ripped out most of this stuff but it looks like everything's growing back. Unfortunately, it's still catching up with nutrient export and prepping for when I get the 40B up so I don't have much to give her. :)

19. FeliciaLynn

I was wondering. I remembered I had sold you some and was surprised Brandie didn't have any. Hopefully it recovers quickly. It seems like its pretty hardy so if you give it time it'll probably end up nice and healthy again. Was it growing very fast for you?

20. denzil

denzil Webmaster

It wasn't growing very much under the Aqueon modular LEDs but it's definitely growing rapidly under the RapidLED kit. It's funny, there was this one particular branch that was front and center and I watched it grow day by day. I would check it out when I got home from work to see how much further it had grown. It's pretty entertaining to see it flourish.