High Tide Aquatics

bluevoodoo's (Jose) tank

Well here goes, I started with a 24 gallon nano tank about a year ago. I then started my tank about 6 months ago. With the help of kurplunk (Daniel). The tank has mostly SPS and some LPS corals.

Tank size: 90 Gallons Glass tank
Light fixture: 48” 8x54w Tek light T5 high output fixture
12000k aquablue specials, ATI blue plus 54w T5 HO fluorescent, Fiji purple 54w T5 HO fluorescent
Refugium/Sump: 36”x16”x17”
Return pump: Eheim 1262
Skimmer: Marine Solution, MSX200
Jager heater
Flow: Vortech MP40w

Thinking of adding a Blackfin pump 1800, 2500 or a Dart for a close loop system. What do all of you think?

Anyways thanks for looking.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1361.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1362.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1363.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1393.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1438.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1440.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1443.JPG

That looks great, for now is kind of my dream tank (90G); seems going to take a lifetime to get there.
I like your canopy, might build mine like yours and your sump is just perfect, slow flow fuge, return in the middle and big skimmer on the other side. BTW how high are your baffles?

Thanks xcaret,
The baffles on the refugium side is 12"x16" and in front of that is another baffle thats 8"x16". On the side of the skimmer theres 3 baffles all are 8"x16" and are about 1" apart from each other and the middle one being 2" higher.
If you ever want to look at the canopy just let me now.

Not sure if I want to drill or use a foot valve. Most likely using a foot valve and go over the tank just wont look clean or just get a secound vortech. Only because the tank is glass.

I have added additional flow to the tank. I went with# 2, 3 and a number 4 Koralia power heads and I also added a kalkreactor that I got from ED.

browsing people's tanks and i really like your rock work. awesome job, gave me lots of ideas......for the next tank..

Back