Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by bluprntguy, Mar 2, 2013.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
Added Zeovit zeolites to my system last week and started Zeovit dosing on Aug 1. The intent being to slowly remove GFO and move this to a complete Zeovit system. My initial dosing was unscientifically figured out the first few days. The Zeovit website has a wealth of information that is poorly organized at best, so I'm still trying to figure everything out.
Zeostart: .2 ml daily (reduce if film forms)
Amino Acid LPS: 10 drops (1 ml) daily
Pohl's Xtra: 1 drop daily
Sponge Power: 1 drop daily (this still needs verification)
Zeobak: 1-2 drops once or twice a week.
Zeofood7: 1-2 drops once or twice a week.
Monthly (first day of the month):
Carbon: 3.5 tablespoons
Zeovit Questions and Answers:
These are just the mandatory questions that you must answer before anyone on the zeovit boards will respond to questions.
1. Gross water volume of your complete system: 112 liters (29.5 gallons)
2. Net water volume: 100 liters (26 gallons)
3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique: No
4. Are you using a PO4 reactor: GFO in high flow area being phased out.
5. Are you using Ozone: No
6. Are you using UV: No
7. What skimmer are you using: Reef Octopus Space Saver 110 (rated up to 100 gallons)
8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels: PO4 0.00 (Hanna); NO3 0.25
9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg: Ca 480; Alk 8.4; Mg 1500
10. What filtration method do you use: Natural filtration, skimmer and filter fabric.
11. Type of light: Aquailluminations Hydra LED
12. What corals do you keep: SPS, LPS, Zoas
13. Tissue color (light or dark): Dark
14. How long has the tank been running: About 2 years
15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system: Limit nutrients, increase coral color and growth.
16. Any supplemental dosing: Top off with Kalkwasser, amino acids
17. Live rock: Average amount
18. Any present problems: slow growth, poor PE in acros.
19. Problem description: likely result of previously running all in one biopellets.
20. What test kit do you use: Hanna for PO4 and Alk, Elos for Ca/MG
21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals: kalk daily, amino acids every 3/4 days.
22. Other water parameters and water stability: 1.026 salinity, 80 degrees, 8.3 PH
23. Which salt brand do you use: H2Oceans Magnesium Pro Plus Salt
Nice tank you got there philip! any updates? How's zeovit working for you?
Thanks. It's been a long time since I did an update. The tank is running pretty well. I was on vacation for a few weeks and the hair algae and bryopsis exploded. I haven't had a chance to clean it up and add more clean-up crew.
The zeovit is going well. I think I over did it a little before vacation and my corals started losing color. I had my tank sitter cut back on dosing and and feed a bit more. I'm also not very good at remembering to shake the reactor. Otherwise I think the zeovit system is pretty easy once you figure out what all the supplements do.
I also have a sump packed with coral frags that needs to be cleared out!
My new tank is pretty much empty! If you're looking to unload some of your nice frags let me know! ill be more than happy to take them off your hand and get my collection going.
Separate names with a comma.