Bob’s 200 Marineland Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by tankguy, Mar 26, 2019.

1. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a very long time. I get easily side tracked and always seem to forget so here we go. First I have to give a huge thank you to Insomniac for the free tank and stand. Without his generosity this would not have taken place. I’ve always wanted this type of tank and it fits perfectly in the garage ( where all my tanks are ). 2 other members who have greatly helped me out are Scuzy and Coral Reefer. Scuzy helped me out with the return pump and sump and Coral Reefer for the plumbing. Coral Reefer has plumbed all 3 of my tanks. And huge thank you goes to Aquatic Collections here in Hayward. They gave me a screaming deal on the kessil 360WE that I’m using. Also big thanks goes to Edgar Sandoval who took time out of his day to program the lights for me

2. tankguy

B89EA470-424A-4068-A2BB-F4BF76C723A7.jpeg A pic of the tank before anything got started

3. tankguy

2CFCCDDD-71BF-44BB-91DE-A0C68444BF65.jpeg No particular reason for going with this pump other than it works really well on my other tanks so why fix something that isn’t broke. Plus it fit perfectly in the sump

4. tankguy

75EFF01C-C3C5-4014-9118-80E6D5F898E0.jpeg I was set on getting another eshopps sump for this tank ( my 180 FO has one ) but at the time they were having some trouble getting the one I wanted. Scuzy suggested Bashesa and liked it once I saw it. Seems very well made and has been working just fine

grizfyrfyter likes this.
  5. tankguy

And sticking with my theme of keeping things simple the only other equipment on this tank is a simplicity skimmer from AC. It’s the 240 model. Thankfully it fit right in its spot

6. tankguy

This tank will house all my chalices , zoa’s and lps. Currently fish I have are
    Diamond Tail Flasher Wrasse
    Rhomboid Wrasse
    Grey Head Wrasse
    McCosker Wrasse
    Rose Band Wrasse
    Radiant Wrasse
    Blue Hippo Tang
    Scopas Tang
    Yasha Goby
    2 clownfish ( forgot their names )

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  7. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Sending positive vibrations to keep the water IN the tank.

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Hey don't be trying to one up me Bob! I already got water in my tank, only another 3-4 more years before fish go in :D

tankguy likes this.
  9. tankguy

Yeah I saw your post on that and it got me alittle nervous. It it were to happen at least it’s in the garage. Hopefully it never comes to that

10. tankguy

Saw you were getting close and had to jump in.

11. sfsuphysics

Spotted me 20 points, and now you want to play to 21 eh? I see how it is.

12. tankguy

ill get a participation trophie for ya

13. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

so far so good

14. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

Man, all that help, what did YOU actually do? :)

15. tankguy

Paid for it $$$$$$$$

Coral reefer likes this.
  16. glee

glee BOD

After seeing your for sale threads, I wanted to learn more about your system and methodology. Your corals for sale look very mature so please tell me all your secrets lol. And if you can upload some pics here, that would be great. Thanks!

17. tankguy

I believe in a keep it simple system. I only run a protein skimmer nothing else. I test my alk 2-3 times a week. Weekly water changes. fuel once a week and I feed corals twice a week with reef roids. I check my mag every 2 weeks or so and keep it around 1400 plus. Will have more pics soon

glee likes this.
  18. sfsuphysics

You tend to have a lot of wrasses, you feed those guys 3-4 times a day? Autofeeder?

19. tankguy

Nope they have tons of pods to pick from and feed heavy at night

20. tankguy

13E11677-BBB1-4B28-9203-EDF799C1349C.png So the main reef has come down with some of the corals going over to this tank. My step daughter took some pics. I’m gonna have her take some more

dochou and Coral reefer like this.