BOD dues

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Thales, Sep 24, 2007.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Put it to a general club vote and give a cut off time for voting. Let's get this one rolling :) We can and will make then change I say, and in a timely manor. Elections are coming up, so let's give the new BOD a treat!

2. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

i say MAKE EM PAY!!!!

jk they work harder on this then i can imagine. i say go one step further. No pay and first pick at swaps!

3. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2438.msg25202#msg25202 date=1191005404][...] and first pick at swaps![/quote]

Several of the BOD have said previously that they wouldn't want to go with that.

4. LordHelmet

ok ok fine. then can i have first pick at swaps :)

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Agreed. I'm for no fees for BOD.

6. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

No fees for BOD. Let's either internet vote or vote at the next meeting.

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I'm with Gresham, cut and dry, vote now. YES

8. bookfish

bookfish Guest

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2438.msg25222#msg25222 date=1191016453]
    ok ok fine. then can i have first pick at swaps :)
    [/quote]
    No, I can't go with THAT either. LOL

9. LordHelmet

Fine. Then I just vote for no due's. They do a great job.

10. CitS

CitS Guest

Add my vote to the "No dues"

Just out of curiosity, do BOD's get any benefits?
    other than hard work and long hours :)

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

We get no other benefits other than trying to find ways to better serve club and support the mission statement.

12. LordHelmet

of course. they get to hold hundreds of frags in there tanks for a few days and admire them before they get given out :)

13. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Only if you want to be responsible for picking up the frags, which usually is way more work than what you get out of a day's worth of enjoyment :D

14. Apon

Apon Volunteer

A sponsorship director I get to all the fish store owners in the area. They sometimes give me discounts which is cool. That's about it for benefits for being on the BOD.

15. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=CitS link=topic=2438.msg25333#msg25333 date=1191268512]Just out of curiosity, do BOD's get any benefits?
    other than hard work and long hours :)
    [/quote]

I get one thing that I consider a benefit - a chance to help make things work. Or maybe it's a chance to escape the frustration of being around something that has problems.

As someone with a techie personality, if I see something that needs to be fixed, it totally bugs me to see it not get fixed.

The nuts and bolts of club operations isn't so hard compared to ongoing people stuff that everybody deals with in trying to take care of the club.

As for membership dues for BOD members, I don't have a preference, and I'm totally fine with either choice.

16. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2438.msg25346#msg25346 date=1191282466]
    Only if you want to be responsible for picking up the frags, which usually is way more work than what you get out of a day's worth of enjoyment :D
    [/quote]

Haha... maybe iit's the packing of all those frags that's the hard part :D

But even that's easy compared to trying to figure out what problems the club has, and how they should be addressed.

17. racrumrine

racrumrine Guest

I'd say pay up. Consistency is best.

Don't forget, if you don't attend at least one BOD meeting, you won't be able to pick at the Feb 2008 Swap.

For me, it would be better to have another kind of benefit, such as free soda, than to mess with the dues.

Best of luck,

Roy

18. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Actually its if you don't attend at least one club meeting, not a BOD meeting, to be eligible for the Feb SWAP.

19. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=racrumrine link=topic=2438.msg25386#msg25386 date=1191371855]
    I'd say pay up. Consistency is best.

Don't forget, if you don't attend at least one BOD meeting, you won't be able to pick at the Feb 2008 Swap.

For me, it would be better to have another kind of benefit, such as free soda, than to mess with the dues.

Best of luck,

Roy

[/quote]

What's the swap has anything to do with this?? ??? We already have free soda incase you don't notice ;D ..

20. rtom

rtom Guest

I think its a great idea. We should have done this sooner.

-Russell