bondolo's combined tanks

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by bondolo, Jan 28, 2011.

1. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

What a bummer!

2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear this! I just experienced my first tank disaster/crash about a month ago, so I now understand how frustrating and heartbreaking it can be. I hope that the remainder of your corals pull through! I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Pinchy. He was an awesome critter :( Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

3. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Refreshed Reef Angel is now installed and well tested for overtemp. Additional evap fan has also been installed and I now have a spare on hand. (And a spare heater and spare return pump and spare koralias). I lost a favid a few days after everything seemed to be coming back. It was just bleached and fleshless one morning.

4. bondolo

A few of the corals I thought I had lost in my crash have returned from the dead! Little spots of life reappeared between a week and a month after the crash. Two acans, a favid, and a hammer have all come back. I am glad I didn't remove all of the skeletons from the tank.

denzil and aquatic mouse like this.
  5. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

6. Hondo

Hondo Guest

I'm glad not all was lost.

7. FeliciaLynn

Glad to hear some of the corals are making a comeback!

8. bondolo

Clean socks , clean skimmers, water change, test parameters, feed corals, feed fish. Repeat indefinitely. :)

Things are looking pretty good though I would like some more interesting corals. Still have some big gaps from my February mini-crash.

9. FeliciaLynn

I'm going to need to frag some of my zoas soon. You need any? They'd be small frags, but I have some really nice ones. Just let me know!

10. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

What are you looking for mike?

bondolo likes this.
  11. bondolo

It would be very much appreciated! I am not much for fancy zoas but do like to have some zoas/palys for variety. if you have any tubbs blue it would be nice to replace the ones I lost. Anything you have an excess of would fill the same niche.

I would feel bad taking nice ones as background and "groundcover"

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  12. bondolo

Most of what I lost other than montis was LPS. I am still a fan of LPS even though I've switched to better lights. Favites and acans of almost any colour are the ones I am missing most. I can offer blastomussa, pavona, hydnophora, mushrooms, and nearly as much idaho grape monti as you can carry ;-) If you bring the bandsaw we could frag up a number of things that would be nice to get into DBTC before something bad happens again.

13. FeliciaLynn

I've got more zoas and palys than I have space for right now, so I definitely don't mind sharing. I do have some tubbs that I need to frag. I also have a nice little colony of bam bams that I don't have space for and have been wanting to give away if you like those. I also need to frag a few nicer things.

14. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Mike
    You know the way, and I have the saw

15. bondolo

Last weekend at the swap I bought LED lights from Gabe (Sorry, I didn't catch the handle) and set them up. I am now converted entirely to LED on my tanks. Huzzah! I am eager to finally install my 60 gallon frag tank. The next step in the plan is to acquire a suitable skimmer. I have been chasing after skimmers on Craigslist but so far nothing as matched my needs and budget.

16. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

17. gaberosenfield

gaberosenfield Juvenile Chromis over an Acro in the Red Sea

I'm glad it's working for you! You have to post some pictures of it soon.

18. bondolo

Thank you Geneva (and Gabe!). Yes, pictures are long overdue but I hardly ever clean the glass anymore! The spots of coraline get shockingly big between cleanings.

19. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Glad someone got the light from Gabe, I was bouncing back and forth in my mind over getting it for the frag tank... eventually left it because the makeshift one I have now works fine. And him saying "girlfriend will kill me if I bring this stuff back" made me think about what my wife would say "More junk for the tank!?!"

Coral reefer likes this.
  20. gaberosenfield

gaberosenfield Juvenile Chromis over an Acro in the Red Sea