Our mission

bondolo's defunct tanks

It's for when you don't have room in the sump for chaeto or an ATS. You can have the rx outside the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have an external algae scrubber as well.

But my opinion in general has changed anyway.
Over-reducing nitrates is not always so great. Corals need to eat. So these more powerful scrubbers/cheatoRx may not be the best thing.

With the gracious help of Dave @houser I was able to (barely) get the stand home. I am now working on plumbing. For anyone who has a tank with built-in a corner overflow could you take a picture of the drain plumbing? What I got has been modified for freshwater (and it appear it was done on the cheap) and I need to probably start from scratch.
Dave lives?!? No way!

I opted to get a 24W LED plant grow light and it seems to be doing the job. I am running it on reverse cycle from 10pm-5am. Macro algae in the sump is starting to grow rapidly.

I have also acquired, via @Kensington Reefer , my dream fish, a Magnifica Foxface. This is the fish I have wanted for 5+ years and I now finally have the tank space for one.

The aquascape is settling in after the move from the 92G. I haven't adjusted the position of any of the rocks or corals in a couple weeks and everything seems to be growing well again. I added only a little rock over what I had in the 55G so there is much less rock in the new tank. I may add a bit more rock in a couple of months but will probably end up with much less rockwork than before.

Pump died on the skimmer, some coral and livestock (cleaner shrimp and snails) died as well despite repeated water changes. I ended up losing armour of god palys, one nice SPS, orange pavona, Caulastrea and the worst loss, an Australomusa I had never figured out how to frag. Nothing that can't be replaced.

Pump died on the skimmer, some coral and livestock (cleaner shrimp and snails) died as well despite repeated water changes. I ended up losing armour of god palys, one nice SPS, orange pavona, Caulastrea and the worst loss, an Australomusa I had never figured out how to frag. Nothing that can't be replaced.
Sorry Mike! Come by my place and I am more than happy to share frags with you :)

I need to set up a doser with magnesium and trace minerals. The magnesium level is constantly low since sump and tank upgrade. I suspect the culprint is the vast amount of coraline growing on all the new surfaces and rocks.

I thought mag was something that could be dosed relatively infrequently. Like pour a bunch in every month or so? I actually haven't even checked my mag yet.

I thought mag was something that could be dosed relatively infrequently. Like pour a bunch in every month or so? I actually haven't even checked my mag yet.
I hear this all too often. Why would letting something get depleted than"pouring in a bunch all at once" ever seem like a good strategy. We want stability!

I am actually pretty good about remembering to do manual dosing but it is as Mike says, it will be more stable with automatic dosing. I also suspect that keeping the mag levels up will help with the inorganic calcium deposition that plagues my pumps and media canisters.

I hear this all too often. Why would letting something get depleted than"pouring in a bunch all at once" ever seem like a good strategy. We want stability!

From the brs 2 part instructions, which many of us use.

Once the dose is dialed in continue daily dosing until the gallon jugs of Calcium and Alkalinity are finished. At this point it is time to dose 20oz of the Magnesium solution. This can be done entirely in one dose just remember to add slowly to a high flow area of the tank.

Back