Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lattehiatus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

Vince said that he would be done with it this weekend. I will pick up from him then.

2. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I'll be done this weekend, sorry for hogging it.

I'm not sure who is next in line.

Vince

3. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

4. TNT32D

TNT32D Supporting Member

Oh nice! I will become a supporting member.

Coral reefer likes this.
  5. TNT32D

TNT32D Supporting Member

Please put me on the list. Thank you

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Dang, I don't think I've seen so many people in line.

7. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

Got it from Vince. Hope to work on it this weekend.

8. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

Are you done with the par meter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

I will be done by Friday.

10. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I was surprised when I used the PAR meter. My Kessils gave me a much higher PAR reading than my metal halides. However, I find that my BTAs are thriving under the halides while they were "meh" under the LEDs.

However, I bought 3 years worth of MH bulbs, so I'm committed for now and don't want to swap back to LEDs, even though they use much less power.

In the end, the information was interesting, but not vastly important.

V

11. RandyC

RandyC Guest

Weren't you having other problems though in your tank - high nitrates and phosphates - that could have been the problem? Hate to have LEDs publicly blamed if they were not systematically identified as the root cause. For what it's worth, my rainbow BTA is thriving under LEDs (Radion XR15w Pros).

Coral reefer likes this.
  12. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Yes, I am battling high nitrate and phosphate. Before I sent out my water sample, I had suspected the lights because from my 58g tank to my 180g tank, the only difference (I thought) was the lights. Another difference was, of course, that in my 58g a 5 gallon water change is 8%, in a 180G tank, it's not even 3%. So my water got worse and worse. I had thought it was the lights. My water test was money well spent. My nitrate test kits can't even register how high the nitrate is (it was 219 ppm, the ideal is close to zero !!).

The PAR meter did show that the lights were probably not the problem. My tank now has two MH and one LED over it.

V

13. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Maybe your nems don't like so much light. Makes sense to me. Do you Feed them?

14. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

They are fed clown fish poo and whatever drifts by.

V

15. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

I would like to get in the queue to borrow the meter. I own the seneye, but not sure how accurate it is.

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I think @Vhuang168 has both the seneye and the Neptune par meter and I think he's borrowed the club par meter. He might be able to tell you how accurate it is. One of the things that was nice about the seneye is that it gives you pur too.

17. RandyC

RandyC Guest

BRS compared seneye to a LI-COR and found the results to be pretty much spot on.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  18. Edgar Sandoval

@WrightReef are you ready to use the par meter? @nbaiju i am actually in San Mateo and can pick it up tonight and past it on to the next person.

19. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

@Ibn since @WrightReef has not responded yet, do you want to take the par meter? Please PM me.

20. Edgar Sandoval

Picked up par meter today. I will be done with it tomorrow. I am located in Hayward and can pass it on to the next person