Borrowing the Club's - PAR Meter

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lattehiatus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

I got the meter from Pinner and have it now.

I'll hold on to it until the next meet in October. If anyone needs it before then, pm and I'm sure we can work something out.

What's the club policy on shipping it? I'm in Santa Rosa so an easy handoff is difficult.

2. Thanks for the update, John!

From the original post:
    In actual practice, it's all good as long as you and the next recipient agree on how to hand off the PAR meter, whether it be meeting halfway, using a chain of club members who are traveling from one location to another, carrier pigeon, or what have you.

3. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

PAR meter coming back to the mother ship tomorrow (Saturday). Who is next in line for it? Or do I get to keep it FOREVER! :D

On a related note, does anyone have a link for recommended PAR values? I'm sure I've seen one but can't find it now. :(

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well if no one is going to claim, I'll throw my hat in the ring for next up.

And I am a little closer than Santa Rosa for whomever is next :D

5. Thanks for bringing back the PAR meter, John! Didn't realize the link in the first post of this thread was broken, it's now fixed.

- Rough practical guideline for amount of PAR to target: "With PAR levels averaging 100 at the bottom of the tank, there is enough of a light gradient to allow keeping high light loving corals in the top ½ to 2/3rd of the tank, with lower light corals scattered in the lower half." - Sanjay Joshi

6. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

Put me on the list to use the meter.

7. sfsuphysics

I see that you signed up for the SF tank tour, remind me the day (or 2) before and I'll make sure to bring it with me.

8. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

Ok, thanks

9. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Would like to get on this list too. I have several comparisons I'd like to make. All would be documented in the multichip thread of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. sfsuphysics

Do it man! And don't be stingy about posting your results, I've read enough multichip threads on RC about how bright it us but not too many get actual data

11. Will you be at the February swap?

@F6553066 Dick, if you're not going to the swap, I will pick up the PAR meter from you to take to the next recipient. Let me know. Thanks!

12. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

David, yes I will be there. :)

13. neuro

neuro Webmaster

please add me to the list! would like to get numbers for a few areas in my tank

14. Please keep this thread updated - post when you receive the PAR meter and when you pass it off to another member.

@Tenny currently has the PAR meter. @neuro is next in line. The next official club event is in April, please coordinate how you want to hand off the meter.

15. sfsuphysics

Just to clarify, because the next official club event is in April doesn't mean that's when you have to give it up right?

From the first post
    Now I'm sure a little bit of flexibility can be given considering driving distances between members,and the fact the waitlist isn't terribly long. But I think both the holder and the next in line should come to some arrangement as to when to hand it off. Maybe a "meet halfway" arrangement if they live very far apart.

16. neuro

neuro Webmaster

@Tenny

I'm not in a rush. But preferably not April...

17. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

I honestly don't expect to need to keep it too long. I hope I can complete all my tests within a week or two.

Haha, thread just updated with @neuro's post. Where are you located? I'm in Milpitas and work in Mountain View.

18. neuro

neuro Webmaster

:D i'm in san carlos. i can meet you in mountain view whenever you're done. i'm definitely not in a rush!

19. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Wow, time certainly flies...

I have concluded all my testing. It took much longer than expected as I needed to order more LED's and had many issues to say the least. I will publish that data when I can get around to it. I tried to test as many aspects of it as I could. :)

@neuro I can bring it in to work tomorrow and meet you around lunch or after if either of those work for you. Unfortunately I'm leaving for a week on Wednesday for work... so otherwise it'll be when I get back.

20. neuro

neuro Webmaster

where are you located? not sure if i can meet you during the weekday. when will you be back?